2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe Sport model:
Enjoying my new car
By nrc2 on 09/11/14 05:24 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Santa Fe 2.7L V6, this 4cyl 2.4L has just as much pick up to merge into traffic. I was getting 23mpg in the summer and 20 in the winter ( NY), currently getting 26.6mpg. People need to realize your fuel economy also depends on how you drive. Slowing down increases economy, drive at 65mph or less! Nice interior, lots of space and storage. Good sound system.

My second Santa Fe (sport)
By pkgerman1 on 08/06/14 11:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2011 Santa Fe (not designated as Sport, but essentially the same thing) for a 2014. I had really enjoyed my 2011 and was frankly sad to see it go. However, now that I have had my 2014 for several weeks, I am actually even happier with my vehicle. Pretty much everything about is top-notch and I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. The new styling is great, the interior controls are easy to use and comprehend, the Bluetooth interface is the best out there of any vehicle I know, and it is very fun to drive. Two quibbles: gas mileage is average and the four cylinder is not the peppiest; however, these did not affect my rating or decision.

Not worth it
By gina2bit on 07/26/14 20:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd Hyundai, and my last. I just leased the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T /navigation package. The residual is $20200 in three years. Me and anyone who leased this will be lucky to get this. I'm only getting 17/mpg at best in the city (Pittsburgh Pa. ) Bluetooth doesn't work with my phone, my phone won't connect. It connects in my 2013 Toyota Camry and did in my older Tucson, but not this Santa Fe. I'm not sure what kind of leather the seats are but I'm very hot in this current summer. Might be good in the winter. Oil change for the turbo is every 3K miles. I wish I would have went with the Jeep,Subaru, or Toyota now. They where higher in the lease and didn't want to deal.

Best 5 passenger crossover we found
By bill317 on 06/29/14 06:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We were looking for a replacement for our SUV, but we didn't need the 3rd row seating. We also wanted something a little smaller, but no smaller than our other vehicle (a CRV). After we cross shopped the RAV4, Rogue, CRV, Escape, Murano, and Pilot we had decided on buying a CRV when we looked at the Santa Fe Sport and were sold after our test drive. It has more leg room and driver comfort than any of the other vehicles we considered. It is every bit as comfortable as our big SUV but is smaller, more economical, and has a better set of features. We have the premium and technology packages, and love the features. We never considered a Hyundai before but are very satisfied with it.

Great Car in comparison to an Audi Q5
By r0l1t0 on 06/13/14 04:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car for the money, love the roomy interior, the shape of it makes it look upscale. I traded my 2006 BMW X3 for it. looks better than the X3 and is more comfortable too. in comparison to vehicles of its kind like a Honda CRV, or a Toyota Rav4, it is way roomier than them. also in comparison to a much more upscale vehicle like the Audi Q5 seems like got a great bang for the buck. performance wise, installed a K&N filter and now it breathe much better and can hear the turbo spool. also installed running boards from Korean model ordered on ebay. Took a trip from Miami to Key West and gave me 35MPG, because the speeds there are 55 MPH

I love it!
By bill_45 on 06/01/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a Cabo Bronze 2.0T Sport with Tech package. It's the ultimate car. It has every gadget you can think of. Very handsome looking inside and out. Comfortable and quiet.

My Black Boy SFS 2.0T
By hookedoncars2 on 04/19/14 06:56 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased two months ago with 1700 miles on it. It is a loaded up version, with tech package, leather, nav, 19" wheels, etc. Now has 4600 miles on it. This is a great SUV, with features comparible to others in its class costing thousands more. Doesn't get the name recognition of others, but I don't care. It rides comfortably and quiet. Gas mileage can be good if you don't drive it like a sports car. Recent road trip over 1100 miles (loaded up, AC running, 70 mph) averaged 27.5. City/suburban averaging 23.8 mpg on regular gas.

flashy
By danielmkerr on 03/03/14 11:54 AM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

the car has everything Iv ever wanted in a allwheel crossover! its my dream car!!

Fully loaded 2.0T is a great value.
By shaolin on 02/20/14 07:43 AM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We normally purchase luxury brands but I became really intrigued by the '14 SFS and all of its tech features. We decided to buy a fully loaded one and love it so far (2800 miles in). The amount of tech features is staggering. We also love the looks of the car (exterior and interior). Some friends are surprised we bought a Hyundai, but they change their tune when they see the car. The cargo space is also impressive for a 5-seater. I shopped around for many months but realized no other crossover could beat it in terms of looks, features, performance, and value. I realize Hyundai reliability isn't considered as strong as Honda or Toyota, but I am hoping it lasts a while.

2014 FWD Santa Fe Sport Homerun
By jac2007 on 02/02/14 17:27 PM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I took my time and test-drove many cars (Rouge, Murano, RAV4, CRV, CX9) and none came close to the comfort and style of the Santa Fe Sport. I love driving the car, it handles so well I can’t see why anyone else would by any other vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport in VA is:

$111 per month*