2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Santa-fe-sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe Sport model:

Nice car but has issues!
By Christina Collins

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I initially loved my vehicle as this was my first BRAND NEW vehicle. With in the first month I experienced issues with the heated seats not working as they were supposed to and then they didn't work at all. Took it in several times before finally getting it fixed (something with the wiring be pinched). I have also had issues with my moon roof leaking water down the windshield. I have had the car in 2 times to the dealer ship and when I called to schedule the 3rd appointment I was denied an appointment and told to contact Hyundai customer service. I want it to be fixed and fixed right...if they can not fix it they can have the car back. I bought NEW thinking I wouldn't have issues.

Favorite Features

I love the tech package and the heated steering wheel. The car is great aside from my moon roof issue.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the leaking moon roof and assemble cars correctly to avoid issues of the sort.

A great cruiser
By Remi Guertin

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a 2012 Kia Optima. I needed more room as we bought a mobile home in Florida. Our big cat comes with a big cage and my wife is a quilter... Great cruiser from Ontario to Florida, comfortable, very good seats, decent feedback from the steering, great fuel economy. Even fun to drive!There are 5 of them out of 25 houses on my street!Quite happy with it, except for metallic noise coming from engine

Favorite Features

Quiet, good seats, fuel economy,flexible vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Slapping noise on engine when cold, the dealer's staff says it is the Direct Injection System.We will see...

Awesome Crossover - Best in Class?
By boyhowdy

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased in September 2014. Now four months old, with 4,100 miles. I have had ZERO issues thus far. Fit and finish are exceptional. Using the "ECO" setting on the shifting, averaging 26 MPG city/hwy. 31-32 MPG Highway @ 65 MPH. Turbo is excellent; low end torque and power a pleasant surprise. Carries four adults VERY confortably. Quiet with no rattles and very little cabin noise at cruise speeds. Tight turning radius for a medium sized Crossover. I have the "Technical Package", with HID lights, rear camera, side mirror alerts, cruise, NAVI, premium sound, etc. IMHO, if you can dicker with the price this package is worth it. Seats are heated and cooled, and very comfortable. Just love it!

Favorite Features

Memory seating for two, side alerts on mirrors, technical package, 19" wheels. Excellent Continental tires on mine; selected FWD because don't really see a need for AWD. Excellent mileage for a Crossover with this much room. Love the 6 speed automatic. HUGE sunroof. Build quality excellent. Great warranty! Heated/cooled seats are super! Drives like a much smaller vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support for front passenger. That's about it!

Enjoying my new car
By nrc2

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Santa Fe 2.7L V6, this 4cyl 2.4L has just as much pick up to merge into traffic. I was getting 23mpg in the summer and 20 in the winter ( NY), currently getting 26.6mpg. People need to realize your fuel economy also depends on how you drive. Slowing down increases economy, drive at 65mph or less! Nice interior, lots of space and storage. Good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Hyundai needs to add the Blind Spot Detection system into the popular package, which includes the rear view camera. It currently is in a package that costs over $3000. Only complaints so far. This is a safety issue, as the view out the back is smaller than the 2008 version. The rear head rests block my view of cars behind me which inhibits my view of them approaching.

My second Santa Fe (sport)
By pkgerman1

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2011 Santa Fe (not designated as Sport, but essentially the same thing) for a 2014. I had really enjoyed my 2011 and was frankly sad to see it go. However, now that I have had my 2014 for several weeks, I am actually even happier with my vehicle. Pretty much everything about is top-notch and I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. The new styling is great, the interior controls are easy to use and comprehend, the Bluetooth interface is the best out there of any vehicle I know, and it is very fun to drive. Two quibbles: gas mileage is average and the four cylinder is not the peppiest; however, these did not affect my rating or decision.

Favorite Features

The interior cabin is very nice. The 2011 Santa Fe had one of the least cluttered and easiest to use set of controls going. I was concerned the 2014 would junk things up. While there are more features, they are still intuitive and easy to use. The Bluetooth interface rivals anything out there by any manufacturer. I love the BT audio feature working with my iPhone.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if gas mileage were better, but not a deal breaker.