2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Truly a value compared to anything else!
By dan@unitedtelecomconsulting.com

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I sold my supercharged Audi A6 to buy this Genesis. While I think the car has plenty power for daily driving, I feel like this car really should have a turbo or supercharger for more low end torque like the Audi. I know it would add more cost, but at least make it an available engine choice. Thats the only thing I can really think of as a "con" for me. The rest of the car is amazing. Quiet, smooth, comfortable, and very attractive. I also like that the interior room it affords a family of four, much more than the German rivals. IMO, this car is the perfect blend between Audi, BMW and Lexus. It looks European, but its quiet and smooth like a Lexus. So far I am thrilled will the purchase, first time in a long time that I don't have buyers remorse:)

I love my new Genesis!
By John Trzcinka

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I test drove several cars before I chose to lease my Genesis. I was looking for a reliable four door sedan that had a great ride, was comfortable (I'm a big guy!) and had all of the latest technology. In addition to the Genesis, the cars that I test drove were the Buick Lacrosse, Audi A6, Lexus GS350 and the Infinity Q50. All of the models had most of the features that I wanted and were in a similar price point. I was surprised at how nice the Lacrosse drove but it lacked the leg room that I desired. The Genesis was the second car that I drove but prior to stopping into the dealership, it wasn't high on my list because....well it was a Hyundai and I didn't know much about the product!

I was first taken by the styling of the Genesis and noticed that it was a high-end looking vehicle. After checking out the interior I was impressed by both the comfort of the seating as well as the layout of the instrument panel. When the ignition was turned on, the instrument and touch screen panels blew me away with colors and sound and I have to say, it brought out the inner kid in me! I just couldn't wait to see all of the things that it did! The test drive was also impressive, although the gas pedal was a little stiff, the car handled very well. The car really sold me!

Next, I drove the A6 which was high on my list for its styling and reputation. After test driving the car, alhough I felt like it was a high performance vehicle, I just wasn’t as comfortable in it as I was in the Genesis and the instrument panel wasn't as impressive either! Next, I drove the GS350. I felt that the exterior styling wasn't as nice as any of the previous three cars that I drove although the comfort was great, it had the features that I wanted and the interior was well appointed with a wood grain finish. It was a very hot day when I test drove this car and the wood grained stirring wheel was almost too hot to hold on to. I much preferred the leather steering wheels found on each of the other cars I drove! The last car that I test drove was the Q50. It was a cool car but I was just too big for it! During my test drives, I found myself comparing each car to the Genesis and in the end, the Genesis was the right car for me! The sound system is awesome, I love the heads up display as well as the 9” touch screen that is very easy to read and use. Now that I have had the car for a month, I still can’t wait to drive it each day!

Should be a great car, if I ever figure it out.
By Richard Rosen

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I was happily putt-putting around town in my Kia Soul Bae, when at age 70 I decided it was the time in my life for a fancy car. I thought the Genesis sedan was beautiful....so I tried the three year lease. Buyers remorse: Yes! For me, it is simply too much to learn. The manual might not fit into the Library of Congress. For instance there is a very thick "quick guide" to the navigation system that supposedly simplifies a "Gone With the Wind" full size navigation system guide. The day to day operation of the car presents some challenges as well. Getting in and out is a struggle...and I'm a short 5'5". The driver side mirror doesn't re-adjust properly after you reverse it out of the driveway. This is an intermittent problem, but more often than not You have to manually re-set it up to its proper position. Cracking the door open in order to turn off the engine without wasting battery is an odd procedure as well. On the plus side, the lane departure warning and other safety features are a delight, as is the cruise control. The stop and hold and ECO controls are wonderful too, but you have to re-set them every time you start the car. Stuff like the automatic trunk opening are silly and unnecessary. If you go around the back of the parked vehicle with the keys in your pocket it pops open whether you want it to or not. Bottom line, the Genesis is a wonderful vehicle, but for me it is mentally exhausting to operate. Love the Hyundai and Kia brands.....so when this lease is mercifully over...maybe I'll go back to the Kia Soul....with all the trimmings.

Beautiful and low cost lease and operate
By Randy

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

This is my first Hyundai ever! I've been driving Mercedes (E-class) for the last 10-years and I cant say enough good things about Genesis. First the value is amazing, I didn't want another $700 lease for 3-more years, so I'm driving a car that has real leather, full power, every option I need (and more), regular gas, cheap oil changes, diamond white paint, panoramic roof, and all of that for $399 a month with $399 (first payment) due at drive-out, didn't even pay sales tax! The new 2017 MB E350 would be at least $800 a month right now. The ride, road noise, and comfort cannot be beat and I'm 6'3". I've had it only 3-weeks so far and my only complaint (which I knew going in) is the car has a vibration when sitting idle or at a stop, I'm told this is normal and due to the fuel pump being mounted on the top of the engine and could get better when engine breaks in. I notice it more when the air conditioner is set to low and the fan on a moderate speed, but I live in Houston so that will be most of the time. I have searched the internet for recalls or forums talking about this issue, but cant find a single mention. I also have to note I drove the 2017 Genesis G80 (exact same car) and it too did the same thing and probably a bit worse so I'm resigned to the fact that's just how they are designed and for $3,600 less a year in payments I'll live with it!

Simply Awesome
By Denise

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Never owned a Hyundai before. Would recommend this vehicle to everyone.