2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

My Bently
By Joe Gazzillo

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Almost everywhere I go when I park my car if someone's nearby they stop and stare and they asked me if it's a Bentley and I tell him know it's a Hyundai Genesis and their mouth open wide and the comment is almost invariably a huge "WOW". Now I've done a few things to my car like, tinted the windows, had the muffler system of a 5.0, since I only have a 3.8, put on just to get it to Rumble or Roar,and a few other things nothing major some of them high-end wheels and rims to make it look even Sportier. Personally I don't many cars high-end Mercedes Jaguar BMW Porsche and by far, the value this car surpasses every one of them and I believe that if anyone drove or could drive blindfolded they would pick this car over any of the others

Love it EXCEPT blind spot warning, poor controls
By OR Duck

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Incredible value! It lives up to almost all of my expectations. Quietest car on the road, responsive and plenty of desirable features. However, while my Blind Spot Warning system always works in identifying real cars, it also warns of "phantom" cars. Lots of erroneous warnings on the freeway--could cause a driver to over-react. My excellent dealer has tried multiple times to identify the cause of the problem; Hyundai tech doesn't seem to know anything about it. Also, placement of the controls is poor. It seems to me that they let the engineers design and place the interfaces rather than someone who actually was aware of a driver's needs. For example, the complicated system to control various options is placed to the far right on the steering wheel, the cruise control is to its left. I need to use cruise control a lot more often than I do to change my settings. The manual is absurd--long, poorly designed and sometimes confusing. In spite of my frustrations, I enjoy this car and would recommend it--unless you really need a Mercedes or BMW nameplate and are willing to pay many thousands more for it.

Design Flaw Cost Me Thousands
By Ed McDevitt

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have had a 2015 Genesis AWD for 2 years. I recently ran over some rough railroad tracks. Afterwards the steering of the car became "dead" in spots. The steering wheel would not return to the normal position without input from me. It tended to stay in a turn when the car was turned. I took it to the Hyundai dealer and the found out that the car had "bottomed out" while crossing the railroad tracks. In doing so, the electronic steering was damaged causing the problem i experienced. The dealer told me the only way to repair the steering unit was to replace it at a cost of $4500. I was shocked. I consider such a design to have serious flaws. There is no protection to the underside of the car for any components and to place sensitive, expensive electronic components in this area is a real problem. They are covered by a thin shield of heavy "tar paper" - that's all. The mechanic told me that the "tar paper" was there to control air flow. Anything hitting the underside of the engine compartment can ruin costly components - rocks, potholes, road debris, etc, etc. And the electronic steering assembly is at the very bottom of the engine compartment. I have had 2 other Genesis before this current model. They were great cars. This one is NOT. I will not buy another.

Good ride
By Barton Breslin

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

If you do not need labels 'this is an ideal car. Like it better than my older car 2009 B.M.W.

Nothing better for twice the price
By Jk

2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This car at sticker 52,000 is a value. At 38000 plus the dealer got me out of my lease 1 year early is outright amazing. This Ibiza blue with ivory leather is great looking. Handles great, very fast, super stable ride and all the tech you need. If you want a rear wheel drive premium sedan this car can't be beat. Drive and price an S class, 7 series,LS460, Quatraporte and you will buy this car and save 30,000 or more. An SS or Charger might cost about the same and perform as well but there is no comparison looks or build quality. This is my second Genesis and this company gets it.