2015 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Love This Car!
By cc_alan

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my 2015 Genesis in December, 2014 and absolutely love the look, feel and way the car drives. My prior car was a 2007 Infiniti M35, which didn't have Sirius radio capability or any of the advanced safety features that attracted me to the Genesis. It's worth noting that the 2015 version of the Infiniti costs $18K more than the Genesis with the same features, plus I now have a much better warranty than I would have had otherwise. I did see one review that complained about Hankook tires, but I had them on my Infiniti and think the ride is both quiet and smooth. I've owned a dozen cars, including a BMW and an Infiniti, and the Genesis beats them all hands down.

Favorite Features

Front and rear cross traffic alerts, Sirius and HD radio, smart cruise control, styling, power.

Suggested Improvements

Because the lower part of the front bumper is lower than many curbs or parking berms, I scraped the right front corner, just in front of the tire well, on curbs the first few times I was parking. Unfortunately, the parking radar warning doesn't pick up the problem at that part of the vehicle. I've seen many vehicles (Hyndai and others) with the same scrape marks. My suggestion: put a hard rubber black strip on the lower part of the bumper to keep the paint from being scraped off.

Great car, second to none!
By tropo

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Leased the Genesis AWD with ultimate package about a month ago. After looking at all the luxury cars I came back to the Genesis as it felt the best. Love the technology and electronics, as well as the car road handling. Quality and finish are top rated, very roomy both front and rear seat. Driving and handling is great, both in the city and on the highway.

Favorite Features

Stepping to the car at night the genesis emblem is highlighted on the ground, automatic trunk opening, keyless entry and push start, Very comfortable driver seat with multiple adjustments, dashboard and controls, sound system, HVAC, automatic cruse control, and everything else.

Suggested Improvements

Mach the remote fob to memory seat setting, Power outlets for rear seat, Please the rear heated seats and power rear sunshade at the rear of the center console and NOT inside the rear center arm set, as it is not practical to use when there are three occupants in the rear seat.

Genesis is following in Lexus' footsteps
By Doug Murray

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Remember when Lexus first hit the market? It wasn't too long afterwards that it was a big hit! The same story is unfolding for the Genesis. This car has the luxury, style, sportiness, and power of the Mercedes E-class, BMW 5 series, Audi A6 and the Lexus GS... and for 15-20K dollars less! It can do 0-60 in 5.1 to 5.3 seconds, too! The 5 liter V8 is rated at 420 horsepower with an 8 speed auto transmission. It does everything really well. I bought the Ultimate package and I'm glad I did. My last three cars were a Mercedes and Lexus. I alomst went back to Lexus, but decided to give the beautiful Genesis a chance... I'm glad that I did!!

Favorite Features

Awesome looks, comfortable ride, lots of luxury, fantastic seating surfaces, lots of power, smooth 8 speed transmission, fantastic interior, all the great technology!!! I love the gawks that it gets with people wondering... What is that? Is that the new Audi, Aston Martin?

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system is really nice and works great, but it lacks some of the features of the Mercedes and Lexus. But I can live with it...

So far so good, but one aggravation
By Jim Orr

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

After driving Buicks & Cadillacs for several years I looked at the Lincoln MK series, drove a Lexus and settled on the Genesis with the Signature package. Traded in a 2011 Buick Lucerne, which I loved. In hindsight I wish I'd sprung for the Tech package with a few more features that I miss. The biggest aggravation is getting the nav system to take voice inputs. Manual inputs work fine or if I say something she recognizes like "Starbucks" or "Texaco" then it works like a charm. But a voice input street address comes up with some of the weirdest options I've ever seen. Anyone else have the same issue?

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, sport drive feature, driver head room.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the problem with voice inputs to the navigation system. Fine tune the automatic mode of windshield wipers--this one is either too much or too little. Easier to just do it manually.

Excellent Highway Cruiser
By averageman

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

An excellent cruiser. I have a long commute and I set the adaptive cruise control and this car pretty much drives itself. The ride and seats are supremely comfortable. It is NOT, however, a "fun to drive" car. It is too big and heavy. The grill is the finest looking grill I have seen (Yes it looks like a cross between an Audi and Aston Martin to me). It is very well equipped and is 15k-20k cheaper than the German alternatives. One can't even get a C class (which is an inferior car strait up against this Genesis) equipped similarly for anything near this car.

Favorite Features

Adaptive Cruise Control Auto Temperature Settings (Dual) Lane Keeping Assist

Suggested Improvements

Auto lock upon exiting vehicle