2015 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Outstanding Car.....Dealers Suck
By JM

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my 2015 3.8 rear drive in March 2015. It has been an outstanding car. My previous work car was a Mercedes and I like this car more. First the positives - the safety ratings are off the charts; the fit, finish and craftsmanship are all outstanding. It's over a year old now and I have had no trouble at all. It looks fantastic - mine does not have the Hyundai "H" on it so people ask me all the time how I like my Aston Martin (mine has the winged emblems only on the exterior). Inside the sound system, A/C and navigation are all excellent. I am 6'4" and I can sit up straight - so much front head room. It's quick and handles well for such a heavy car. Now for the bad news: the gas mileage is horrible. I average about 18 mpg in combination city/highway driving. The seats and suspension are too soft. The 3.8 needs a "Sport" option badly. I hate that the radio doesn't have "hard" buttons to change stations. The buttons are on the screen and hard to deal with while driving. The dealer experience has been a disaster. I have tried 3 different Hyundai dealers in the Dallas area and they are all bad. It's obvious they are used to selling cheap cars. Hyundai desperately needs to open Genesis dealerships with real customer service. I love this car and am glad I bought it. It's not perfect, but for the money you can't do any better.

great car
By kenneth kellough

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

great car, love it more than my old S550

Just looking and Bought it
By William Wilson Jr

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I bought a new 2015 Genesis Sedan last month. I really went to the dealership just to look at the vehicle.
The sales person hade it parked in front of the dealership. She told me on the phone that it was clean and gassed up for my test ride. When I parked next to it I could not see what color it was. (it was that dirty) when I met with her she did not know anything about the futures or the Genesis. When I got the keys and opened the car, it was like heaven, the car sold its self. I did express my concern about the sales person but I must say it sold its self. Once it was clean and I drove it, I returned and bought it.
One gets a lot in that car that some of the more expenses one don’t have. I stopped for lunch and went inside not knowing that the vehicle was still running that how quite it was. Had to go out and turn it off. If you see one Buy one. The only short coming I think the Hyundai has is the Hyundai H on the trunk. I replaced mine with another Genesis wing made for the trunk. This makes the car look classes. You can find them on amazon for 9.00 or order them from Hyundai for 29.00. the one from amazon is the same one with the Hyundai packing.

MAKE SURE YOU NEVER BUY THE CAR
By Neil W

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Before leasing the Genesis , I owned 2 Infiniti's.
I have had more repairs and problems in 1 year with the genesis then i did in the prior 8 years.
On paper car as many great features, but the quality is very low and not reliable.,

Great car, but short wife not happy
By Colin Alter

2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

The car was great to merely highly satisfactory for the driver, but my 5 foot tall wife was very uncomfortable. Most of the issue was related to her position in the front passenger seat. She said it was so low that she couldn't see out the front or side windows. While the seat does go higher, she never felt comfortable.