2013 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Review: Canadian purchaser

2013 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Review

3.8 Sedan (3.8L V6 8-speed Automatic)

Canadian purchaser
By ncc4 on

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have been looking for some time and with the new transmission, bigger brakes, and updated exterior, I finally decided to buy. Cabernet pearl with tan interior. I bought the base model as I don't need navigation or the 17speaker sound system. This is my "grand kids and golf course" car. Still a bit apprehensive about Hyundai service on a luxury car, but time will tell. Had the 3-M chip film put on the hood/fenders, and got the all weather mats and trunk tray. Recommended by C/R, Phil Edmonds ( Lemon Aid ) and recently got the JD Power award for initial quality ahead of Mercedes, Lexus etc. so that says something. Why don't they sell more??

All that performance on regular gas! I find the seats comfortable and enjoy that this car sits higher than Avalon or Impala. Room for a full size spare if you rearrange the jack etc. We don't all drive in town, and who wants a long trip cut to 80 kms. per hour using the mini-spare. Fast acting seat heaters! Quiet ride. Well shaped trunk with a low liftover. Bright interior lighting

I am a DIY car owner and like to do my own routine maintainence, but doing a oil change is going to be a pain. With the engine redesign the oil filter is only accessible from the bottom. There is a "tray" under the engine that has access to the drain plug, but not to the filter ( who thought that up? ). To get at the filter you have to remove 10 bolts to get the tray out of the way. It'll not be a quick process! I turned the ashtray into a change holder (parking meters ) buy removing the metal clip, then lining it with thin adhesive felt from a craft shop.