Canadian purchaser
By ncc4 on
2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)
I have been looking for some time and with the new transmission, bigger brakes, and updated exterior, I finally decided to buy. Cabernet pearl with tan interior. I bought the base model as I don't need navigation or the 17speaker sound system. This is my "grand kids and golf course" car. Still a bit apprehensive about Hyundai service on a luxury car, but time will tell. Had the 3-M chip film put on the hood/fenders, and got the all weather mats and trunk tray. Recommended by C/R, Phil Edmonds ( Lemon Aid ) and recently got the JD Power award for initial quality ahead of Mercedes, Lexus etc. so that says something. Why don't they sell more??
Favorite Features
All that performance on regular gas! I find the seats comfortable and enjoy that this car sits higher than Avalon or Impala. Room for a full size spare if you rearrange the jack etc. We don't all drive in town, and who wants a long trip cut to 80 kms. per hour using the mini-spare. Fast acting seat heaters! Quiet ride. Well shaped trunk with a low liftover. Bright interior lighting
Suggested Improvements
I am a DIY car owner and like to do my own routine maintainence, but doing a oil change is going to be a pain. With the engine redesign the oil filter is only accessible from the bottom. There is a "tray" under the engine that has access to the drain plug, but not to the filter ( who thought that up? ). To get at the filter you have to remove 10 bolts to get the tray out of the way. It'll not be a quick process! I turned the ashtray into a change holder (parking meters ) buy removing the metal clip, then lining it with thin adhesive felt from a craft shop.