Used 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

nice ride II
By ytown

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Updating my previous review from August 2013, now have 27k miles on the car. Still have the same opinions as before, it could use a little better handling and maybe brakes that weren't quite as soft, but overall an excellent car. I have had no problems with the car and only have done oil changes and tire rotations, so very low cost to own. I actually average about 23 miles per gallon, but most of my driving is highway. If you can put aside the the lack of name brand, this is an excellent car for the money.

acceleration whisper quiet comfortable seats and interior good stereo back up camera

better suspension for handling better brakes

62% decrease in value in 1 months!!!!
By gwhite4075

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my Hyundai Genesis from Hyundai of Asheville, NC in Sept. 2013. By the time the dealer made their "add ons" and taxes, I paid a little over $50,000 for this vehicle. It rides and drives like a dream! Since the last part of 2013, I have become disabled by a neurological disorder that came on suddenly. It is becoming harder and harder for me to get in and out of the Genesis because it is low to the ground. My solution would be to trade the Genesis for a Santa Fe Limited, which would make it easier for me to get in and out. I found out that I was horribly upside down due to the Genesis depreciating 62% in 11 months! Stay away from this vehicle!!

It needs to hold it's value. My $50,000 Genesis now has the same value as the Hyundai Accent! Now I can't get rid of it! This vehicle is majorly over priced!

2013 genesis 3.8L Sedan - Little things
By choctawchuck

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Just purchased the car, used, with 27K miles. Have driven about 1500 miles so far. Positives: I do like the looks and the way the Genesis drives - quiet and comfortable, plenty of power. Complaints: Interior pieces break off - AC vent direction knobs came loose and blew out; Gas mileage takes a dive (avg 14) if you accelerate much. You have to be real careful with the acceleration to reach the 18 MPG city advertised low end; I have not driven car long enough to judge the reliability, so gave it a 3 for now, especially since some little plastic interior pieces have broken already.

Interior design looks and feels great. Seats are comfortable. Plenty of power

Move the side mirrors down a little - they create big blind spots while in a turn. To see over them I have to lean way up (I'm 5'11"). I can see under them a little, and that is not necessary, so why not move them down? Gas mileage?

Nice Ride
By ytown

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Coming out of my Infiniti G37X lease I wanted to find a nice car that was affordable. Chose the Genesis based on a beautiful exterior design and a great value for the money. I couldn't believe the deal I was able to get on this car. Currently have 7k miles on it, no problems with the car so far. Very luxurious car, fast acceleration, no problems driving at 80-90 miles an hour on the highway and whisper quiet. My only complaint with this car is the handling is not as sporty as I would like but I knew that before I bought the car. I just couldn't bring myself to pay extra for the R-Spec.

acceleration lots of interior space and trunk space beautiful body style very comfortable seats and interior easy to use Bluetooth

Stiffer suspension for a sportier drive

Canadian purchaser
By ncc4

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have been looking for some time and with the new transmission, bigger brakes, and updated exterior, I finally decided to buy. Cabernet pearl with tan interior. I bought the base model as I don't need navigation or the 17speaker sound system. This is my "grand kids and golf course" car. Still a bit apprehensive about Hyundai service on a luxury car, but time will tell. Had the 3-M chip film put on the hood/fenders, and got the all weather mats and trunk tray. Recommended by C/R, Phil Edmonds ( Lemon Aid ) and recently got the JD Power award for initial quality ahead of Mercedes, Lexus etc. so that says something. Why don't they sell more??

All that performance on regular gas! I find the seats comfortable and enjoy that this car sits higher than Avalon or Impala. Room for a full size spare if you rearrange the jack etc. We don't all drive in town, and who wants a long trip cut to 80 kms. per hour using the mini-spare. Fast acting seat heaters! Quiet ride. Well shaped trunk with a low liftover. Bright interior lighting

I am a DIY car owner and like to do my own routine maintainence, but doing a oil change is going to be a pain. With the engine redesign the oil filter is only accessible from the bottom. There is a "tray" under the engine that has access to the drain plug, but not to the filter ( who thought that up? ). To get at the filter you have to remove 10 bolts to get the tray out of the way. It'll not be a quick process! I turned the ashtray into a change holder (parking meters ) buy removing the metal clip, then lining it with thin adhesive felt from a craft shop.