2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:
2013 genesis 3.8L Sedan - Little things
By choctawchuck on 05/21/14 18:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Just purchased the car, used, with 27K miles. Have driven about 1500 miles so far. Positives: I do like the looks and the way the Genesis drives - quiet and comfortable, plenty of power. Complaints: Interior pieces break off - AC vent direction knobs came loose and blew out; Gas mileage takes a dive (avg 14) if you accelerate much. You have to be real careful with the acceleration to reach the 18 MPG city advertised low end; I have not driven car long enough to judge the reliability, so gave it a 3 for now, especially since some little plastic interior pieces have broken already.

Nice Ride
By ytown on 08/17/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Coming out of my Infiniti G37X lease I wanted to find a nice car that was affordable. Chose the Genesis based on a beautiful exterior design and a great value for the money. I couldn't believe the deal I was able to get on this car. Currently have 7k miles on it, no problems with the car so far. Very luxurious car, fast acceleration, no problems driving at 80-90 miles an hour on the highway and whisper quiet. My only complaint with this car is the handling is not as sporty as I would like but I knew that before I bought the car. I just couldn't bring myself to pay extra for the R-Spec.

Canadian purchaser
By ncc4 on 07/02/13 13:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have been looking for some time and with the new transmission, bigger brakes, and updated exterior, I finally decided to buy. Cabernet pearl with tan interior. I bought the base model as I don't need navigation or the 17speaker sound system. This is my "grand kids and golf course" car. Still a bit apprehensive about Hyundai service on a luxury car, but time will tell. Had the 3-M chip film put on the hood/fenders, and got the all weather mats and trunk tray. Recommended by C/R, Phil Edmonds ( Lemon Aid ) and recently got the JD Power award for initial quality ahead of Mercedes, Lexus etc. so that says something. Why don't they sell more??

A great car
By carfollower1 on 06/01/13 21:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I've had a lot of comments and inquiries from people once they take a second look at this car.I have the Cabernet Red colour. This has to be Hyundai's best kept secret.Lots of power and that 8 speed transmission shift smoothly. I traded in a CTS and people think I took a leap of faith going to a Hyundai Genesis....it was a good leap. Well styled...nice front end and good looking tail light system...no LED overkill.

2013 Genesis Sedan V6 Technology & Premium
By gldman1 on 12/24/12 06:02 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Excellent Value. New for 2013 Blue Link is great if you are not paranoid about Big Brother. Note you can only download one destination from the internet to your car at a time. Note that the feature rich new Ultimate Navigation is not touch screen like the new Premium navigation. Auto dimming outside mirrors are only available with the V8-R-Spec. I have the Silver with Cashmere interior on my V6. Only a black interior is available with the V8. The V6 uses regular gas and the V8 uses Premium gas. The steering wheel moves up and away when you exit but the seat does not move back like the infiniti/nissan. All seats are heated but only the drivers seat is cooled. Enjoy this Car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*