2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec - Consumer Reviews

5.0 R-Spec 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )
Lot of car for the money
By sdunnin on 02/06/15 12:43 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

For the money I don't think you can get a better luxury sedan with regards to price to feature ratio. I got the R-Spec version which comes with just about all available options PLUS 400 Horsepower. Other cars in the same class with similar features that I looked at cost at least $10,000 more. Aside from a few minor annoyances (no display of current climate settings, trunk lid design that lets water flow into trunk when opening) I've been very pleased with the car.

Is this thing really a HUNDAI?
By sierrapoet on 04/28/14 16:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Having spent ample time in the seat of Mercedes' SL 55 and an AMG 63, I had low expectations of the 5.0 R-Spec Hundai. Uhhhh...WOW, was I wrong. For about 1/3 the cost, the Genesis Sedan is a fantastic luxury muscle car that hangs with the big dollar Europeans. Oh yeah, and for under $40K total, it came with a bumper to bumper 100K mile warranty. The Genesis has so far averaged roughly twice the gas mileage of my two previous Mercedes. Really? a Korean 429 HP luxury sedan that gets 27 MPG? What's not to like? Great price, fast, comfortable, reliable. The Germans had better up their game really soon, because I just bought two of these things, for less than my last European.

RSPEC 2013 by brian125
By brian125 on 11/29/13 20:42 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

So far in 2 weeks here is my review..I love the sound system, very quite inside the cabin, very fast and fun to drive. The ride is jittery on bad roads just like the reviews. On the highway this genesis rides like any luxury vehicle. So the Positives outweight the negitives so far. Im a big guy at 6'1 250 and the drivers seat and position is very comfortable with plenty of head and leg room. I bought this vehicle for 38.3k plus taxes 20% of the msrp.

Door Liner broken within 3 weeks for New Car
By suhasbhat on 10/04/13 17:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I brought Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec on (09/07/2013). Within one month (10/04/2013), I noticed that the rubber lining on driver side door which is glued has come off. Very disappointed that such thing happened. I compare it to my 18 year old Honda Civic which has 150,000 miles on it. Honda Civic which is one third the cost of Genesis and 18 years older has all it's liners still intact. I got a reply from their customer support. Surely the reply was not drafted by a person who is in customer support but was by a lawyer because language was not apologetic but it was stating that customer misuse can lead to such problems.

Beautiful R-spec 5.0
By rspec50 on 05/28/13 17:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Pearson Hyundai gave me an offer I could not resist. Traded in my 3 years old 4.6 for this black/beige 5.0 last week and took it out for a 600-mile round trip to AC, NJ. Overall, the trip was a bliss. Silky smooth, powerful acceleration and quiet cabin made me feel like on top of the world. If I tried to maintain 2000 RPM or above, as recommended for breaking in the new car, I would be over the allowed limits. The car behaved at 80 mph the same way as it was at 40 mph: solid steering, dampened ride, and reduced wind, road noise. Powerful engine and quiet cabin are the two most important things I was looking for in a car for my long trips. I got both in this beautiful R-spec 5.0.