Used 2013 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Lot of car for the money
By sdunnin

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

For the money I don't think you can get a better luxury sedan with regards to price to feature ratio. I got the R-Spec version which comes with just about all available options PLUS 400 Horsepower. Other cars in the same class with similar features that I looked at cost at least $10,000 more. Aside from a few minor annoyances (no display of current climate settings, trunk lid design that lets water flow into trunk when opening) I've been very pleased with the car.

Lots of power. Exterior styling. Audio system. Heated front and rear seats.

All of these I think came with the 2015 but here goes. Cooled passenger seat. Better climate control feedback. More interior storage. Fold-down rear seats. Acceleration lag.

nice ride II
By ytown

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Updating my previous review from August 2013, now have 27k miles on the car. Still have the same opinions as before, it could use a little better handling and maybe brakes that weren't quite as soft, but overall an excellent car. I have had no problems with the car and only have done oil changes and tire rotations, so very low cost to own. I actually average about 23 miles per gallon, but most of my driving is highway. If you can put aside the the lack of name brand, this is an excellent car for the money.

acceleration whisper quiet comfortable seats and interior good stereo back up camera

better suspension for handling better brakes

62% decrease in value in 1 months!!!!
By gwhite4075

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my Hyundai Genesis from Hyundai of Asheville, NC in Sept. 2013. By the time the dealer made their "add ons" and taxes, I paid a little over $50,000 for this vehicle. It rides and drives like a dream! Since the last part of 2013, I have become disabled by a neurological disorder that came on suddenly. It is becoming harder and harder for me to get in and out of the Genesis because it is low to the ground. My solution would be to trade the Genesis for a Santa Fe Limited, which would make it easier for me to get in and out. I found out that I was horribly upside down due to the Genesis depreciating 62% in 11 months! Stay away from this vehicle!!

It needs to hold it's value. My $50,000 Genesis now has the same value as the Hyundai Accent! Now I can't get rid of it! This vehicle is majorly over priced!

2013 genesis 3.8L Sedan - Little things
By choctawchuck

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Just purchased the car, used, with 27K miles. Have driven about 1500 miles so far. Positives: I do like the looks and the way the Genesis drives - quiet and comfortable, plenty of power. Complaints: Interior pieces break off - AC vent direction knobs came loose and blew out; Gas mileage takes a dive (avg 14) if you accelerate much. You have to be real careful with the acceleration to reach the 18 MPG city advertised low end; I have not driven car long enough to judge the reliability, so gave it a 3 for now, especially since some little plastic interior pieces have broken already.

Interior design looks and feels great. Seats are comfortable. Plenty of power

Move the side mirrors down a little - they create big blind spots while in a turn. To see over them I have to lean way up (I'm 5'11"). I can see under them a little, and that is not necessary, so why not move them down? Gas mileage?

Is this thing really a HUNDAI?
By sierrapoet

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Having spent ample time in the seat of Mercedes' SL 55 and an AMG 63, I had low expectations of the 5.0 R-Spec Hundai. Uhhhh...WOW, was I wrong. For about 1/3 the cost, the Genesis Sedan is a fantastic luxury muscle car that hangs with the big dollar Europeans. Oh yeah, and for under $40K total, it came with a bumper to bumper 100K mile warranty. The Genesis has so far averaged roughly twice the gas mileage of my two previous Mercedes. Really? a Korean 429 HP luxury sedan that gets 27 MPG? What's not to like? Great price, fast, comfortable, reliable. The Germans had better up their game really soon, because I just bought two of these things, for less than my last European.

Tons of power, quiet ride, killer sound system, lots of seating room. The engines loaf along at about 1500 RPM until you goose it, them it downshifts twice and takes off like a rocket ship. Unbelieveable gas mileage. We are getting 27 MPG on the highway. Goodness gracious.

Exotic looks would be nice. Make the entertainment and navigation systems user upgradeable. Add lots more USB slots, including slots for the rear seats and give them enough power to charge cell phones and tablets. Use touch screens instead of the Mercedes-like rotary manual selector. Make the pearl white paint more pearly, and less white.