2013 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:
nice ride II
By ytown on 01/04/15 18:24 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Updating my previous review from August 2013, now have 27k miles on the car. Still have the same opinions as before, it could use a little better handling and maybe brakes that weren't quite as soft, but overall an excellent car. I have had no problems with the car and only have done oil changes and tire rotations, so very low cost to own. I actually average about 23 miles per gallon, but most of my driving is highway. If you can put aside the the lack of name brand, this is an excellent car for the money.

62% decrease in value in 1 months!!!!
By gwhite4075 on 10/06/14 12:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my Hyundai Genesis from Hyundai of Asheville, NC in Sept. 2013. By the time the dealer made their "add ons" and taxes, I paid a little over $50,000 for this vehicle. It rides and drives like a dream! Since the last part of 2013, I have become disabled by a neurological disorder that came on suddenly. It is becoming harder and harder for me to get in and out of the Genesis because it is low to the ground. My solution would be to trade the Genesis for a Santa Fe Limited, which would make it easier for me to get in and out. I found out that I was horribly upside down due to the Genesis depreciating 62% in 11 months! Stay away from this vehicle!!

2013 genesis 3.8L Sedan - Little things
By choctawchuck on 05/21/14 18:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Just purchased the car, used, with 27K miles. Have driven about 1500 miles so far. Positives: I do like the looks and the way the Genesis drives - quiet and comfortable, plenty of power. Complaints: Interior pieces break off - AC vent direction knobs came loose and blew out; Gas mileage takes a dive (avg 14) if you accelerate much. You have to be real careful with the acceleration to reach the 18 MPG city advertised low end; I have not driven car long enough to judge the reliability, so gave it a 3 for now, especially since some little plastic interior pieces have broken already.

Is this thing really a HUNDAI?
By sierrapoet on 04/28/14 16:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Having spent ample time in the seat of Mercedes' SL 55 and an AMG 63, I had low expectations of the 5.0 R-Spec Hundai. Uhhhh...WOW, was I wrong. For about 1/3 the cost, the Genesis Sedan is a fantastic luxury muscle car that hangs with the big dollar Europeans. Oh yeah, and for under $40K total, it came with a bumper to bumper 100K mile warranty. The Genesis has so far averaged roughly twice the gas mileage of my two previous Mercedes. Really? a Korean 429 HP luxury sedan that gets 27 MPG? What's not to like? Great price, fast, comfortable, reliable. The Germans had better up their game really soon, because I just bought two of these things, for less than my last European.

RSPEC 2013 by brian125
By brian125 on 11/29/13 20:42 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

So far in 2 weeks here is my review..I love the sound system, very quite inside the cabin, very fast and fun to drive. The ride is jittery on bad roads just like the reviews. On the highway this genesis rides like any luxury vehicle. So the Positives outweight the negitives so far. Im a big guy at 6'1 250 and the drivers seat and position is very comfortable with plenty of head and leg room. I bought this vehicle for 38.3k plus taxes 20% of the msrp.

Door Liner broken within 3 weeks for New Car
By suhasbhat on 10/04/13 17:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I brought Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec on (09/07/2013). Within one month (10/04/2013), I noticed that the rubber lining on driver side door which is glued has come off. Very disappointed that such thing happened. I compare it to my 18 year old Honda Civic which has 150,000 miles on it. Honda Civic which is one third the cost of Genesis and 18 years older has all it's liners still intact. I got a reply from their customer support. Surely the reply was not drafted by a person who is in customer support but was by a lawyer because language was not apologetic but it was stating that customer misuse can lead to such problems.

Nice Ride
By ytown on 08/17/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Coming out of my Infiniti G37X lease I wanted to find a nice car that was affordable. Chose the Genesis based on a beautiful exterior design and a great value for the money. I couldn't believe the deal I was able to get on this car. Currently have 7k miles on it, no problems with the car so far. Very luxurious car, fast acceleration, no problems driving at 80-90 miles an hour on the highway and whisper quiet. My only complaint with this car is the handling is not as sporty as I would like but I knew that before I bought the car. I just couldn't bring myself to pay extra for the R-Spec.

Canadian purchaser
By ncc4 on 07/02/13 13:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have been looking for some time and with the new transmission, bigger brakes, and updated exterior, I finally decided to buy. Cabernet pearl with tan interior. I bought the base model as I don't need navigation or the 17speaker sound system. This is my "grand kids and golf course" car. Still a bit apprehensive about Hyundai service on a luxury car, but time will tell. Had the 3-M chip film put on the hood/fenders, and got the all weather mats and trunk tray. Recommended by C/R, Phil Edmonds ( Lemon Aid ) and recently got the JD Power award for initial quality ahead of Mercedes, Lexus etc. so that says something. Why don't they sell more??

A great car
By carfollower1 on 06/01/13 21:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I've had a lot of comments and inquiries from people once they take a second look at this car.I have the Cabernet Red colour. This has to be Hyundai's best kept secret.Lots of power and that 8 speed transmission shift smoothly. I traded in a CTS and people think I took a leap of faith going to a Hyundai Genesis....it was a good leap. Well styled...nice front end and good looking tail light system...no LED overkill.

Beautiful R-spec 5.0
By rspec50 on 05/28/13 17:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Pearson Hyundai gave me an offer I could not resist. Traded in my 3 years old 4.6 for this black/beige 5.0 last week and took it out for a 600-mile round trip to AC, NJ. Overall, the trip was a bliss. Silky smooth, powerful acceleration and quiet cabin made me feel like on top of the world. If I tried to maintain 2000 RPM or above, as recommended for breaking in the new car, I would be over the allowed limits. The car behaved at 80 mph the same way as it was at 40 mph: solid steering, dampened ride, and reduced wind, road noise. Powerful engine and quiet cabin are the two most important things I was looking for in a car for my long trips. I got both in this beautiful R-spec 5.0.