Very Impressed with the 2012 Genesis
By fernwood on
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)
I bought a 2012 Genesis 3.8L with premium package last week. After having test driven the 2011 model, I think that this is a nice upgrade in powertrain performance and exterior styling. For the price, I like this better than many of the higher priced Asian competitors such as Lexus, Infiniti and Acura. Fit and finish is excellent, it is fast and quiet and the price/value is tremendous for what you get. My wife likes it so much that she is trying to trade me her Audi A6 for it.
Favorite Features
Engine performance and fuel economy are excellent. I like the touch screen navigation system and the speech recognition system that comes with it. the Lexicon stereo system is very good as well. The seats are very comfortable and the seat heaters work great. iPod integration works great and is easy to use. The suspension tuning seems better than last year's model and is less harsh on small bumps and rough pavement.
Suggested Improvements
The smart key system does not trigger driver memory settings. They should revise it to be like Audi and Lexus to go to your settings when you approach the car with the key fob. The Homelink garage/gate buttons should be moved to the overhead console instead ov their location on the rear view mirror. It would be nice to have a dual compartment console storage feature like most luxury competition. While the back up camera is nice, I would prefer that distance sensors be standard in the premium package instead of only in the technology package.
By fernwood
on 04/26/12 09:58 AM (PDT)

Update on the Genesis. We are buying another one. I have zero complaints about this car and wife wants one as well. After 5,000 miles fuel economy around town is 21.5 mpg. No squeaks, rattles or complaints. I am very satisfied.