2012 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Review: Nice Car for the Money

2012 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Review

3.8 Sedan (3.8L V6 8-speed Automatic)

Nice Car for the Money
By dowpwr on

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I can honestly say I'm glad I stopped at the dealership to test drive this car. I test drove the Azera, but once you're in a Genesis, there is no going back. Besides being dead silent on the hwy, it has an amazing stereo (I have the tech package), and plenty of other features that make this car a joy to drive. The cooled seats are a must in the summer, and ride is very smooth and comfortable. The tech is a little behind, but if you plug in your iPod or put a CD in, you will not hear a better sound in any other vehicle on the road. I would stick with the 3.6. It is plenty fast, and the super smooth transmission doesn't shift quickly enough to significantly improve your 0-60 time.

Stereo, quietness, smooth tranny, gas mileage 28-30 on highway depending on how you drive. Cooled seats.

better iPod integration, pandora would be nice. The back seat has a pass through, but a fold down seat would be optimal.