I Traded My Lexus GS430 - Total Happy
By wadebbi on
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)
I traded my Lexus GS430 for the 2012 Genesis with the premium package. I am 100% satisfied with my decision. Many asked me why I would part with my Lexus. All I can say is you have to drive it. Dollar for Dollar it can't be beat! Oh ya, I added the Genesis branded hood, trunk, and wheel emblems which really look great. I asked the dealer to install them at cost as part of my deal. 333 horses for a v6 is more than plenty of power. It moves deliberately, but it's not a race car.
Favorite Features
I love almost everything about this vehicle. It rides great, it has plenty of room (I'm 6'3"), well appointed, and fit n finish is top quality. The trunk can hold at least two set of golf clubs, unlike my Lexus where I had to remove the driver to cram in one set.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not overly impressed with the Lexicon sound system. It sounds a bit tinny to me. I've tweaked the equalizer with no real improvement. I know it gets good reviews, so maybe that was the one thing where my Lexus beat the Genesis.
By kanezzar
on 08/01/11 13:37 PM (PDT)

Hi Wadebi, Liked yor review. Can I get the emblems any other place but the dealer? Was your price within the Edmunds invoice? Thanks for your help.

By wadebbi
on 08/10/11 19:18 PM (PDT)

I heard that you can purchase them on ebay, but I'm not sure.