Great car so far!
By papaaj1 on
2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)
I got rid of my 2009 Merc E-350 that I liked but did not love. This car leaves that one in the dust! I'm not used to having this much horsepower, and I love it. It's nimble, quiet, and fast. No tickets yet - but I'm going to have to invest in a radar detector. For me buying this car meant disregarding the fact that it's a Hyundai. I've always owned luxury cars and quite honestly I think there is nothing better than this for the money. I almost think Hyundai could sell a lot more of these cars if they just spun the Genesis line off. I could rebadge this as a Merc/BMW/Audi/Acura and people would fall over themselves wanting to get one.
Favorite Features
I really enjoy driving this car. It's got great acceleration and brakes well. I haven't used the adaptive cruise yet so I'm looking forward to getting it on the road. I want to love the audio system, but I'm not quite there yet - it's a bit quirky (see below).
Suggested Improvements
Minor interior features like flimsy sun shades are just that - minor. Also, the Homelink buttons on located on the rearview mirror, but they don't light up until they're pressed. That makes them tough to find in the dark. The audio sounds really good BUT here are my qualms: 1 - You can select Surround Sound but if you turn the car off and restart Surround Sound is unchecked. I've heard this can be fixed with the dealer so maybe I will try that. 2 - If you get a call over the Bluetooth and you're listening to a CD the CD does not pause and keeps playing. 3 - If you have your IPOD plugged in but you're listening to the radio or XM the car will default to the IPOD - annoying!
By emlod
on 01/25/12 14:43 PM (PST)

sounds like you need to wait a year for the improvements to be made.. could be a great car but not yet. they should have sold these under a different name like lexus, acura and others did. i would feel embarrased going to a dumpy hyundai showrooom waiting for service on a genesis. the lexus and other showrooms for the luxury cars are top notch and make you feel comfortable instead of sitting on dirty seats and looking at year old magazines. not for me.