2012 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Review: Genesis 4.6 Rocks My World

2012 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Review

Genesis 4.6 Rocks My World
By 3xhyundai on

2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Third Hyundai I have bought. First a Sonata GLS, then a Santa Fe Limited for the wife, now it was time to upgrade to the Genesis 4.6L. This car is what I call an "upper-middle class" luxury car. It has all the options that the top German and Japanese automakers offer, but for much, much less. Granted, I have only had the car for 12 days, but it is everything I dreamed it would be. I look for excuses to go out of the house just so I can drive it. Great power, great interior features, looks like a million bucks and will turn some heads. Had four State Troopers stop and check it out in the parking lot at lunch last week. I don't think they knew what it was.

The V-8 power in the 4.6 is all you would ever need. But when I drove it like a "normal" person would, I got 29mpg on the highway. great safety features including integrated cruise control, electronic parking, rear window shade, heated seats all around, ventilated driver's seat, and on and on and on..... My favorite feature has to be the Lexicon 17-speaker stereo system. It sounds great in any genre from Classical to Hard Rock and with Surround Sound activated, you may be setting yourself for a nosebleed!

The handling could use an upgrade, the braking could be a little smoother. But other than that, I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR!! Not to mention I got it brand new a year old with $12,000 off the sticker, plus the decent trade-in I go on my Sonata GLS. So, I actually am paying less for the Genesis than I did the Sonata! Now THERE'S a deal!!