Five years in the waiting and I chose Genesis
By murrman on
2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)
For as long as I can remember, my ideal car was going to be a BMW 5 Series, but all that changed with Genesis. After test driving BMW & Lexus, and seriously considering a2012 Dodge SRT8 Charger I went with the Genesis 5.0. The 550i was in the mid $60K, and although the SRT8 was tempting the 2012 R-Spec had the entire package I was looking for, especially since I opted for the Bridgestone summer tires. The ride is moderately harsh but I live in SW FL and our roads are pristine, and coming out of a '08 Sonata Limited I welcome the cornering ability. No company can beat Hyundai's warranty, reliability, and service. I'm 100% satisfied although I think the R-Spec should've included an iPod.
Favorite Features
I love every feature in this car but the 17 speaker Lexicon sound system is one of my favorite. I've only had it 3 weeks and the Fl weather has started to cool a bit, but I did test out the ventilated driver's seats and that is also a winner with me. I've received nothing but compliments in this car, and went to dinner a few days ago on my first road trip and was happy to see the Valet put it up front. Go Hyundai. The 19' wheels with the Bridgestone summer tires gives this car an aggressive look, and the 429 hp engine moves. I also love the bluetooth connectivity and setting up my iPhone was very simple.
Suggested Improvements
Some improvements in the suspension and ride quality is needed, especially when travelling on less than perfect road/highways. Navigation commands need to process a little swiifter, and unless I need to update my software, I hate the fact that my systems does not speak all the street names. I had a portable Garmin Nuvi in my Sonata that is much better. Offer a OEM trunk lid/deck spoiler for the R-Spec to distinguish it from the rest of the Genesis line-up. Other than that everyting else is great. Loving my R-Spec.