2012 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Review: But for 1 thing...

2012 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Review

3.8 Sedan (3.8L V6 8-speed Automatic)

But for 1 thing...
By flippy_boy on

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Bought this car over the summer and absolutely loved it for about six months. Then winter came. Had to switch up vehicles after I got stuck in relatively small amounts of snow for the third time. This car goes from absolutely fabulous to virtually useless in snow and ice, particularly in hilly conditions. Apparently everyone in the world knows this about rear wheel drive vehicles except for former Florida boys. It pained me to part with the car but it had to be done. If you live in areas without snow, I would recommend this car without hesitation. However, if you deal with winter driving at all, I would definitely look elsewhere, at least until 2014 when the AWD Genesis and Equus are due.

Drives great. Intelligent cruise control is an outstanding feature. Sound system is awesome. Interior quality is excellent. There is nothing else out there that brings this kind of quality and features to a vehicle at this price. The Chrysler 300 with the executive trim probably comes closest, and does have an all-wheel drive option. Otherwise, you're looking at luxury badges and associated pricing.

Desperately needs an AWD version. Would also like to see the passenger seat similarly equipped as the driver seat in terms of adjustments and lumbar support. The exterior is a bit uninspired in appearance.
By warbuckler
on 02/19/12 10:50 AM (PST)

While an AWD version would be a nice option I have no trouble with my Genesis in the snow. Granted, I do have snow tires mounted on 17 inch wheels. I find it's better than front wheel drive cars I've owned with all season tires. I don't know if I would elect to haul around the extra hardware needed for AWD and the loss in MPG given my current type of the type of driving. I live in an area that averages 100 inches of snow a year.