As the other reviews say, What A Find!
By jheaslet on
2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)
I haven't been this excited with a new car in a very, very long time. I feel similarly about the Genesis as I did with my first car back when I was 16. It was an '83 Buick Skylark which required me to pour gasoline into its carb to get it started haha. Those were the best times. I'm by no means comparing the two, just the lovely feeling I had with my first car and how excited I was every time I had a chance to drive it. This is how I feel with the Genesis. I like nice things, but love saving money. This car fits the bill and provides me with a great feeling when I get settled into its wonderful seats. I find myself making up reasons just to drive it. Really, the experience is terrific.
Favorite Features
Ok, now for some technicalities. The engine sounds great and I love the hp, tranny shifts smoooooothy, the ride inspires confidence along with a major level of solidarity, it's the largest car I've ever owned and quite possibly the heaviest, but it sure doesn't feel that way. The sound system is nice, but adjusting the settings have become too much for my little mind to handle! I'm used to adjusting the bass and treble, but this thing gives me a complete range and I've literally spent an hour the other day fiddling with the sound system...love the heated/cooled seats, beautiful interior, classy really. Adaptive cruise is so fun, I receive compliments from everyone, everywhere, it's new to me
Suggested Improvements
At this point (having owned it for about two weeks), I can't think of a single thing. I've noticed in other reviews from those who come from other "luxury" brands have some quibbles here and there, but the old saying is definitely true "what you don't know can't hurt you." And it certainly hasn't hurt me since I don't have any form of comparison. I've driven Hondas most of my life and came to a realization after test driving the Genesis that Honda's are a major bore to drive, so plain, but great vehicles. I'm telling you, it's the experience that the Genesis provides which is so significant for me. It's like going to a nice restaurant with great service and paying half the price.