2012 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:
Won't buy another Hyundai
By mmdv61 on 06/21/14 09:00 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have 33k on my 2012 Genesis. Since purchase in 8/2011 I have had the navigation replaced, the fuel injectors had to be cleaned because they were so dirty the car would stall in the middle of driving and now the oxygen sensor had to be replaced....stalling again, but this time the engine light went on so they could find the problem easier. Last time when it was stalling they couldn't find the problem until after keeping the car for 5 days. Now they recommend I buy fuel injector cleaner and put that in the tank every time I get an oil change in order to keep it from happening again. Even doing this, the car still has a rough idle at the start of the day.

Nice Car for the Money
By dowpwr on 04/18/14 18:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I can honestly say I'm glad I stopped at the dealership to test drive this car. I test drove the Azera, but once you're in a Genesis, there is no going back. Besides being dead silent on the hwy, it has an amazing stereo (I have the tech package), and plenty of other features that make this car a joy to drive. The cooled seats are a must in the summer, and ride is very smooth and comfortable. The tech is a little behind, but if you plug in your iPod or put a CD in, you will not hear a better sound in any other vehicle on the road. I would stick with the 3.6. It is plenty fast, and the super smooth transmission doesn't shift quickly enough to significantly improve your 0-60 time.

deadly accelarating delay from a rolling stop
By phunywun on 03/03/14 23:59 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have the 6 cyl sedan and the deadly delay from when you hit the gas pedal till the car moves is about 1-2 seconds from a rolling stop. That's long enough to get someone killed not to mention every time you go over a speed bump and hit the gas it takes a whole second or two before the car moves. That's not positive reaction by any means. It's deadly when you are trying to turn across traffic. Love the car otherwise but will not get another one if this issue isn't fixed. I guess there is no throttle cable and it's an electronic accelarater for the deadly delay I gave it a 2 for reliability because the ac compressor stopped working at 3000 miles and it took them a week to fix it

2012 Genesis R-Spec 5.0
By bheitert on 07/07/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Great car, blast to drive! Good looking car, most of the time no-one can figure out who makes the car. When I tell them it's a Hyundai they're dumbfounded. Took it to a 4th of July car show and won 3rd place in the Import Car class! Not bad for a 4 door.

Genesis 4.6 Rocks My World
By 3xhyundai on 03/25/13 07:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Third Hyundai I have bought. First a Sonata GLS, then a Santa Fe Limited for the wife, now it was time to upgrade to the Genesis 4.6L. This car is what I call an "upper-middle class" luxury car. It has all the options that the top German and Japanese automakers offer, but for much, much less. Granted, I have only had the car for 12 days, but it is everything I dreamed it would be. I look for excuses to go out of the house just so I can drive it. Great power, great interior features, looks like a million bucks and will turn some heads. Had four State Troopers stop and check it out in the parking lot at lunch last week. I don't think they knew what it was.

R Spec Genesis WOW!!
By luv2nou2 on 02/23/13 20:36 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

429 HP! 429 HP! Unbelievable size engine for this beautiful car! Hyundai engineers out did themselves on the exterior design, moderate pass on interior (what's with the Accent Steering wheel?). Can't complain, you get a lot of stuff for this price! Lexus pfft! MB pfft! BMW pfft! For this price you can't go wrong! Outstanding value! Outstanding Warranty! This car averages about 21 MPG in our first 800 miles? Not bad for 429 HP!! Sound system is INCREDIBLE! 17 speakers put you in another world! Harmon Kaden, Bose & Fender have nothing on this Lexicon system.

What an amazing car
By mheib on 01/19/13 14:04 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After owning everything from BMW, Lexus, Porsche, and Jags I must admit this is one of the finest of them all. Power, poise, comfort, and value.

Bought a Second '12 Genesis
By fernwood on 12/21/12 20:23 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

We ought our first Genesis in 11/11. We love the car and have had such good luck with it that we purchased another Genesis last spring, trading in my wife's Audi A6. Build quality is great with no squeaks or rattles and so is the reliability thus far. We are getting about 21 mpg around town in mixed driving and over 28 mpg on the road.

LOVE THIS CAR
By frankb_2012 on 12/17/12 09:56 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I have had 14 cars ranging from Mercedes E320, Lexus LX 470, Audi S4, Lexus RX 330, Acura TL and the list goes on. I purchased my Genesis and Ive had it a few months, so far the car is great. I love the ride quality and the Lexicon sound system is amazing. I must say Hyundai has give the high end car market a run for its money. I almost puchased another E320 but saved some money and got what I feel is a nicer car.

Excellent car... hands down.
By privatebanker on 08/19/12 23:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

As an owner of a BMW 7-Series, I was incredulous when 5 separate friends recommended the Hyundai Genesis to me when I was in the market for a new car. After test driving the vehicle at my local Hyundai dealer, I was sold. I've owned the car for several months now and aside from a few dealer issues, the car runs great!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Genesis in VA is:

$132 per month*