Used 2012 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Genesis

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Pleased from Day One
By Derrick Crandall

2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

After a decade of driving Cadillacs -- mostly SRXs -- I decided to see what else I could find in the $40K range. After looking at BMWs and Audis, I drove the Genesis 4.6L and took it home that night. Looked very nice, had far more features for the money. And I have been 98% delighted ever since. Great warranty and pretty good dealer support for normal maintenance. Only problem -- really, the only problem -- is a mysterious failure of the entertainment center once every 80 or so starts. On for 15 seconds, then off for 15 seconds. Can't find a way to correct it once it occurs ... but after being off for a few hours it is back to normal, and normal is very, very good with great sound syste

Favorite Features

quick -- very quick even with regular fuel an ECON setting handles nicely -- perhaps not up to BMW standards, but very nimble remarkable MPG. drove 100 miles today back from Richmond, VA, and averaged 28 MPG while traveling 75 MPH carries five comfortably -- really

Suggested Improvements

Paint is not up to luxury car finish

Never a problem!
By Ralph DiMare

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

My 2012 fully loaded Genesis V6 has 55,000 miles and very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension lacking a bit ( needs to be a bit stiffer) but I'll take care of that when I get the 2015 Genesis.

horsepower to gas mileage ratio is unsurpassed
By Ned White

2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have 40,000 mi. on my 2012 4.6L 385hp v8 sedan. With(10% ethanol) premium gasoline 93 octane, I get 21mpg around town and 26mpg on the highway in cruise (65mph) I found a gas station in NH that sells pure 91 octane gasoline (no ethanol) I fill up there often. My gas mileage immediately goes up to 31mpg (in summer) in cruise control at 65mph. Try to find a car anywhere that has that much HP and still gets 31mpg. Incredible ! (shows what a scam ethanol is also)

Favorite Features

Sounds system is the best I have ever heard in a car. Handles and rides nice. It goes from 55mph to 100mph in what can only be described as startling quickness.

Suggested Improvements

Due to the super smooth but unresponsive transmission which has a 2 second delay when you floor the pedal, it is sluggish in traffic. Sometimes dangerously slow to respond. Drives my crazy sometimes. If it were not for this fault, I would give this car a 5 rating on performance and value.

3.8 Geneis
By noelle polson

2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Bought used for 16K, best money i"ve ever spent for a car, loaded with tech and premuim pacakage; great radio, power, comfort etc. car has 51000 miles, feels and drives like new, couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

interactive cruise, power, comfort, gas mileage

Hyundai Customer Support
By Peter Beddia

2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have had nothing but problems with mine, I love the car but I have no confidence with it. The radio has been replaced 4 times, the ac repaired and still does not cool, the radar, rack and pinion replaced, the fuel pump replaced, a fuel purge valve replaced not fuel mileage is terrible. The car is still acting up. Trying to file lemon law with Hyundai, here is what they do. Hyundai draggggg you out till most people give up and trade the vehicle in. Itís been over a year and a half and I can wait another year and half if I have too. I will never give up, and I have told my story to as many people as I can. I have personally stopped two people so far from buying a Hyundai.

Favorite Features

Not customer service.