2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Still In Love After One

2011 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Review

4.6 Sedan (4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Still In Love After One Year.
By socal_car_nut on

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought Genesis in Dec. '10 after seeing it at L.A. Auto Show - couldn't believe price for features and design. Just reached 10K. Trips from L.A. to the Bay Area are effortless - "right now" power to pass while riding in total lap of luxury - awesome! Hold speeds to 75 and I get 29 mpg vs. EPA est of 26. Was hesitant about buying a Hyundai - now have no regrets though dealerships aren't at level of Lexus or Benz. Only minor complaints are somewhat jittery ride around town (even small bumps are felt) and rather short front seat cushions. Features list on V-8 is extensive - I find something new every time I read the manual. Passengers can't believe it's a Hyundai and neither can I!

Favorite Features

Power to spare, massive list of features. I live in the hills and love the "swivel headlights". Interior design is beautiful, exterior rather derivative but nice enough.

Suggested Improvements

Ride quality is my biggest gripe - particularly around town it seems jittery though better on the freeway at speed. High beams are too weak, particularly compared to my Benz. Front seat cushions are too short. Dealerships need to be upgraded if you're going to truly compete with other upscale cars dealers. Info display could be better (Benz again).