Used 2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

A great business class vehicle
By Eugene Gojka

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The Genesis is overall a great car to own. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Steering is a little loose and it feels big, only because it is. For a larger person, I'm about 6'4'' 190lbs, I feel very free in this car. Maintenance is expensive but the service that Hyundai provides has been great. The entertainment system is one of the best I've ever experienced! Bluetooth is difficult for the 2011 model because its an older system which will not allow you to listen to your music. Fuel economy is pretty good for a V8 and power is exceptional.

Genesis for 2011
By philip streetman

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Have owned two of these cars. First one was a 3.8L, after a few months was disappointed with the power and shifting . A little to herky jerky for my taste. Traded in on a 4.6L and upgraded two years. Now I have the car I expected and desired. No comparison between engines. 4.6 was far and away superior for my taste.
I will be upgrading soon and will go for the 5.0 just because of the smoothness and overall "feel" of the power. I accept a couple miles per gallon downside, but worth it to me.

Smooth
By Brian Behler

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Also have a 300 BMW and a C class Mercedes. Handling is more toward the BMW and the ride more toward the MB. Surprisingly good mileage in town. It is a very comfortable car for extended road trips. Easy installation of child seats (anchored hooks) when the grandkids are in town.

Worst warranty in the industry
By Stanford Aryan

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Hyundai emphasizes its' warranty at every opportunity to get you to buy their car. I was one of these victims. I recommend that before you buy any car from Hyundai, you spend about an hour at the Service department of the dealership. Just sit down and listen. You will come to find what I found out the hard way. Hyundai had absolutely no intention of ever honoring its' warranty. What ever the problem is with the car, it was your fault and therefore it is not covered. If they cannot prove it was your fault, then they will make you spend thousands of dollars one tests to prove that the problem is not the part. The company has perfected the "it is not our part/product/workmanship/fault" philosophy.

Service
By Larry James.

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a lemon. It has spent 7 month out of 3 years in the shop. I am on my third engine. Now they will not fix my radio and nav system. I have had it the shop 4 times the the radio and nav.