2011 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:
Great value for money
By bmwe32 on 06/12/14 20:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a CPO 2011 4.6 with all the options 6 months ago. Have put about 12K miles on it since then and love it to death. I can get 28 - 30 on the highway at speed if I'm not obnoxious with it. You definitely don't want for power or luxury goodies in this one. I always said I'd never buy anything that wasn't a BMW, but they aren't made like they used to be and this one seems to be. If you detest the 'feel' of most newer cars, check this one out. Steering that feels like your actually connected to something and isn't overly light. A ride that is communicative and design that is well thought out.

Nice car , BUT...
By balddog on 02/26/14 14:41 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Have owned 3 years now, 16,500 miles. It's a shame, as I really like the comfort, and value of this car, BUT ... I have had to have car jump started 6 times in 3 years. Hyundai claims that I don't drive the car enough to keep battery charged. I work part-time (1 day/week) and car may sit 2 - 3 days between use (average 100 mi/week). Was told that if car sits for a week (say at airport when on vacation) expect that battery will have discharged and need a jump. Don't see Mercedes, BMW or Lexus with this problem. Also, ride is a little stiff for my tastes.

Genesis Sedan 3.8L V-6, loaded
By boilergonzo on 06/12/12 09:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove BMW 3/5 series, Audi A4/6, Mercedes C/E, Infiniti G/M, Lexus IS/E/G, and bought the Genesis. If dollars were equal, I would now own a loaded BMW 535, A6, Infiniti M37, or MB E350. The challenge became the incredible value of the not-so-prestigious Hyundai! Heated and Cooled seats (not ventilated... COOLED!), back-up camera, Lexicon sound system (AMAZING!!!), HID directional lights, auto-hold brakes, adaptive cruise control... if you can live without brand prestige, the value of this car is off the charts! 20,000 miles, zero problems, accelerates very strong, drives great, and I love it. No regrets at all. Would absolutely buy it again!

Love it, love it, love it
By tkbeyedoc on 05/07/12 19:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 certified Genesis 4.6 a few weeks ago. There is very little not to like about this car. Performance is excellent, fuel economy isn't bad (averaged 29+ on my first road trip), warranty is excellent, interior is comfortable, and the car gets complements everywhere I go. Only a few quirks (ex: cruise control isn't extremely consistent and the adaptive cruise control - while a great idea - isn't very useful because as soon as someone pulls in front of you in traffic the car does a huge slow down) The navigation and stereo control takes some getting used to, but now I like it. The cooled driver's seat is the bomb in this warm weather. I have no regrets! I love it!

Only 8-Month ownership of the car
By jonathan16 on 01/31/12 12:26 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was convinced by my wife to buy the 2011 Genesis 4.6 and I sold it 8 months later. The ride was killing me. Couple times I traveled with my family, my 18 years old son thought we're riding on truck. Furthermore, the squeaks & rattles are also unacceptable. My wife said she will never tried Hyundai again.

Pretty Impressive
By thetexastom on 01/04/12 14:51 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My previous cars were Audi, BMW and Infiniti. The Genesis is easily in the same class. The ride is very nice. Not so soft that it floats, but is stiff enough to handle well. Is quiet and has the features that you would want.

Still In Love After One Year.
By socal_car_nut on 12/17/11 10:29 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought Genesis in Dec. '10 after seeing it at L.A. Auto Show - couldn't believe price for features and design. Just reached 10K. Trips from L.A. to the Bay Area are effortless - "right now" power to pass while riding in total lap of luxury - awesome! Hold speeds to 75 and I get 29 mpg vs. EPA est of 26. Was hesitant about buying a Hyundai - now have no regrets though dealerships aren't at level of Lexus or Benz. Only minor complaints are somewhat jittery ride around town (even small bumps are felt) and rather short front seat cushions. Features list on V-8 is extensive - I find something new every time I read the manual. Passengers can't believe it's a Hyundai and neither can I!

Now Have 41,000 miles on near perfect car.
By whiterocket2 on 10/30/11 22:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I must say I never get tired of driving the Genesis. The power has kept me out of at least two crashes. Its is an outstanding vehicle. I use the adaptive cruise control most everyday and it works flawlessly in traffic. The sound system is the best I have ever heard in any car. Would I buy another Genesis? Yes, without hesitation. As an aside I also own a BMW and the fit and finish of the Genesis is better and so far the Genesis has been much more reliable, In fact the Genesis has only needed routine service.

Do yourself and family a favor and buy one
By hudsonloverf on 10/19/11 13:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new 2011 in late August 2010. Just completed 520 trip in 8 hours averaging 65 mph and 31.7 mpg while cruising at 80 mph. Rides very comfortably and drives with the greatest of ease. MSRP was 33.8 and drove it out the door for $27K even. No trade in. Do not believe any domestic or foreign automobile is better at less then $60K. Maybe an Equus but I would be surprised if performance or comfort was better...maybe a little faster on a race track. With over 15,000 miles on it now, the car turns in better mileage. Have had no problems whatsoever. Apparently it has even appreciated a bit from its year ago out the door price. Can you find a car that does not depreciate ?

All I can say is WOW!
By lillyv on 09/11/11 09:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving a BMW 530i and as much as I loved my bimmer, it was not such a reliable vehicle. I truly expected more quality in the BMW. I traded it for the 2011 Genesis 4.6 and could not be more pleased. The Genesis out did the BMW 530i as far as the interior. It is roomy, well appointed and has many more features than the bimmer. This model is fully loaded. I could not ask more, what else could I want? I will updated my post in a couple of months.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Genesis in VA is:

$132 per month*