2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:
Great value and excellent performance
By Jayz on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After owning 4 LS series Lexus's I decided on a change due to the Lexus lackluster styling and high price. Toyota/Lexus was having all the recall problems at the time and upon reading the various automotive reviews I took a Genesis for a test drive. What a pleasant surprise. After 3000 miles I can say that the car handles beautifully in all driving conditions, has excellent acceleration and a virtually sound proof cabin. I would highly recommend this car to anyone interested in a high quality luxury sedan like ride at a very affordable price.

Very good but something missing
By lismer on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After researching this car for more than six months, I purchased the v/8 with the tech package in may of 2010. The 4.6 liter engine rocks. It's smooth and powerful. The nav system is first rate. It does however take me the long way around sometimes. The radio and sound system is middle of the road but acceptable. Fit and finish is as good as I have seen on much more expensive cars. Ride and handling is great. Fuel efficiency is not what I expected. The car is rated at 25 mile per gallon highway. After three long trips the best mine has done is 23. That strictly highway and staying south of 75 miles per hour. Overall rating 8.

Never Hyundai again!
By car fiend on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This has to be the worst vehicle I've owned. I am a long time Hyundai lover, but what happened here? Not only does the momma vehicle not come close to what I've gotten used to by driving a few years old luxury car for a much lower price range than they're asking for this, but I've had to deal with a ridiculously bad Lithia Hyundai service department. My advice- save some money and buy a Subaru with every option available. Or spend the same amount on a Volvo. The performance on these cars is amazing! This car may be pretty and loaded; but you're still buying a Hyundai.

Excellent Value!
By KJM on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my tan 3.8 Genesis Sedan for 8 months now and over 9000 miles in every kind of road condition. I am extremely pleased I bought this car. The ride is extremely smooth, quiet and comfortable. The V6 is very responsive and has more than enough power for the majority of drivers. The interior layout accommodates the drivers needs well, and the sound system is terrific. Reliability so far has been outstanding with not a single problem. And even better - my wife loves the car! All together an excellent value and great choice for those entering the luxury car market.

Good compromise but not quite perfect
By Larry on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

In a depressed economy, Genesis 4.6 is good compromise to upscale German/ Japanese sedan. It has Lexus leather,a quality sounding stereo,decent acceleration,a good warranty. However, it suffers most with aggressive handling. It severely understeers when aggressively cornering and fights the driver to straighten out rather than staying in the curve ala BMW. Automatic transmission is smooth but sport mode (pseudo manual) shifting is lethargic.There is glare over the seven inch display and no touch mode operation. Better bluetooth than my BMW M5.Cooled seat setting (driver only) defaults off each time car is turned off. Stereo spontaneously switches to IPOD mode (same song) when car starts up cold.

Good, but not Excellent
By Jeff on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Genesis, in part, based on my experience with the Sonata. Unfortunately, the quality did not repeat itself. In the first year, the drivers seat mechanism, collision detection sensors and steering wheel adjustment motor failed. The dealership did a great job of 'making it right', but the Hyundai Motor America customer service response was lacking. However, for the price, the car is loaded with features, drivers great, is quiet and good looking. The A/C programming algorithms could use some work. I got the smaller engine and still have problems keeping it under 80 mph. My only disappointment is that the quality of this car doesn't match my previous Hyundai experience.

Outstanding!
By Qbjd on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2010 Titanium/Black 4.6 Tech for 6 weeks and it no less than impressive in just about every area. Looked at 2011 BMW 535/550, BMW 335, Infiniti G37, 2011 Infiniti M37, 2010 Mercedes E350/550, Genesis V6, Ford Taurus SHO, and others. Kept coming back to the Genesis V8 for the power, execution, features, and overall value. This is an outstanding automobile. Fit and finish is impressive, the drivetrain is awesome, and the Tech pack goodies cannot be beat. In my opinion, the 4.6 was much more car and a better value than the V6 (3.8). Buying experience was totally painless ($38K). I am extremely pleased with my Genesis and would purchase the same vehicle over again.

Outstanding Automobile!
By BJD on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It's been 6 weeks since we bought our 4.6 w/Tech in Titanium/Black and it is still amazing! Drove many cars - 2011 BMW 535/550/335, Merc E350/550, 2011 Infiniti M37 and 2010 G37, 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, Genesis V6, and a few others - but kept coming back to the Genesis V8. Beautifully executed exterior, superior attention to detail everywhere, flawless drive train, and uncompromising power. Like some others, I too have gone over this car and cannot find any flaws in its assembly. It is not perfect but it is a beautifully made automobile and very rewarding to own. An astonishing value for the 38K I paid for it - well worth the money. I would buy it again if I had the choice.

What an excellent surprise!
By SeistaKeyGolfer on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

One of our children had just totaled my 2001 GS430 Lexus L-Tuned. I loved that car. Distraught and needing a car, a friend encouraged me to look at the Genesis. After owning nothing but Lexus, BMW, Saab Turbos,Mazda 929, I was very skeptical.I drove the Genesis demo 8 cylinder for two days. I was amazed. My wife was amazed, and that takes a lot of "doing". I thought about it for two days and drove another V8 demo for a day. I was hooked. We have just finished a 3000 mile trip to New England and on IS-95 the V8 averaged 27.5 mpg--- unbelievable and comfort was great. This car is as good as any I have owned. Keep making Genesis this good and you'll see the competition through the rear view mirror.

My Hyundai Genesis
By triple c parker on 08/19/10 12:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a real beauty, with lots of nice features, the sound system is great, the gas mileage on the highway is exactly what is on the sticker. My only complaint so far is with the leather seats. I have had the car for 1 month, and have put on 1700 miles, and the drivers seating surface is stretched, and appears puffy, not tightly stretched like when i bought it. I took it back to a dealer, and the service manager showed other vehicles with the same leather seats doing the same thing. I would think for the price of the vehicle, the leather seating would not look sloppy and loose in such a short time. The dealer I bought the vehicle from was great to deal with.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*