Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Less than a month but...
By Nick

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I typically write my reviews after a MUCH longer period of time. But i've decided to write a review now and then come back maybe in a year and compare / update my thoughts. I was forced into the market due to a total loss on my 2005 Toyota Avalon. I was going for a BMW or something and decided it was not yet quite time for such a luxury car. After some research and reviews, I decided to check out the Hyundai Genesis. In a nutshell I am NOT disappointed after my choice. I feel this car is very much a premium car and it might not yet be at the same level as a BMW or Lexus or Mercedes, but it will get there soon maybe even there with the later year Models. It's winter now and I am reminded why I wanted heated seats, they work so well, I usually turn down after a few minutes. Almost the only item I miss is my 2005 Avalon Limited had remote start which this does not so I have to remember to start the car if I want it to heat up, but again with the heated seats, that is not much of an issue. I am yet to fully test its traction and stability but in the little snow I drove in, it was fine. I got a V8 with the tech package, Nav, rear view camera et al. Where has this been all my driving life! LOL One strange thing I noticed is when it started snowing one day, the parking assist was going crazy! beeping every few minutes, I had to turn it off. I think it is so sensitive it was picking up snowflakes! Its another feature i love, so aside from the back up camera, the parking assist notifies you on the front and back when you get too close to an object, including your front and back left and right areas. Very useful when trying to get into tight parking spaces. Thus far my only issue is my bluetooth seems to drop the connection sometimes in the middle of a call. I actually think that has to do with my phone. But a plus on that is I can pair both my work and home cell phones to the car and switch as needed. Oh another con is I would like to update the NAV but can't seem to figure out how to do that, I guess a dealer visit is needed... will i have to do this every YEAR!??? I can write much more, it will be much more positive rather than negative. Now I wonder what my first dealer experience will be... Oh my, I hope and pray... Oh Hyundai if you EVER read this, Can you figure out how to give us the option to have Android Auto installed on these models as well???

Great car overall, but associated costs can be...
By Michael L.

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8L 2010 has been a good car overall, after 105000 miles. What you should be aware of is repair or replacement costs on some of this car. The headlights (which are very good? require full replacement, not just a $40 bulb. One headlight will run you $320 installed. Similar story for the required snow tires. This rear wheel drive car is not usable in any snow conditions unless one installs snow tires. With snows on it handles exceptionally well. Snow tires for this car cost $250 each. Such costs are similar to costs of a BMW or a Mercedes, as quality is matched but so are maintenance costs. I hesitate to consider a new replacement Genesis for my new car, despite loving my current one.

BEST SEDAN ON THE ROAD
By Gary Lewis

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Top notch sedan. The 4.6 is the one. 3.8's just don't cut it. I've had this car for three plus years and wouldn't think of even trading it in. Great performance and beautiful lines. No issues whatsover. Change oil, brakes, tires. A++++++

Great car, when its not having issues!
By adamstemper

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this car at 20,000 miles. It now has 35,000 miles. Within 1 month of purchase, I noticed the breaks got squishy. They issued a recall for having used bad break fluid which ruined the breaks. Within 6 months, my alignment started pulling to the right. The Hyundai mechanic drove it and agreed that he noticed the pull. Was called next day and told "nothing was wrong, we dont notice any pulling". It's still pulling to the right... The rear tail lights got moisture inside, had to have Hyundai dealership replace lights. The engine light came on, made appointment. Within a week the car wouldnt even start up. "Bad fuel line". Great car, when not being serviced!!

Love the USB stick media player, heated & cooled seats, rear window sun visor. For a 2010, this car has all the tech luxury you could hope for!

All wheel drive. Touch screen display & navigation. Cooled passenger seats.

Great value and excellent performance
By Jayz

2010 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After owning 4 LS series Lexus's I decided on a change due to the Lexus lackluster styling and high price. Toyota/Lexus was having all the recall problems at the time and upon reading the various automotive reviews I took a Genesis for a test drive. What a pleasant surprise. After 3000 miles I can say that the car handles beautifully in all driving conditions, has excellent acceleration and a virtually sound proof cabin. I would highly recommend this car to anyone interested in a high quality luxury sedan like ride at a very affordable price.

Solid driving experience. Nicely designed.

Driver's seat could be a little more comfortable, similar to the higher priced luxury sedans. Passenger seat should be fully powered so it can be raised or lowered.

• SUV