I Must Have The Only Lemon They Made or Do I ?
By bitesback on
2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
The 2009 Genesis/4dr Sdn 4.6L V8 I have leased since 07/09 from Sheehy Nissan Hyundai is a true lemon! Even after submitting a lemon law complaint to to dealership and Hyundai Motor America for numerous electrical issues, replacement of the transmission, catalytic converter burn out, interior frnt. windshield condensation build up during the cold months, gear shift sticking on more one occasion, starter switch being replaced, steering column control switch failure, the rubber seal in the sun roof coming out, brake light failure, they still refuse to take this piece of junk back! I believe it's a faulty parts problem as some of their car have had the same issues. Hyundai Assurance (Not)!!!
Favorite Features
The hands free features are good, as I feel they should be available in all vehicles now days for safety reasons. Used to be able to hit 120 with out a problem prior to the vehicle having so many electrical problems. Once they started the vehicle was being serviced every three months after the first year. I say Hyundai owners/leases taking a stand and do a class action law suit for faulty parts instead of a car problem. Electrical and transmission issues are major in this Genesis SDN 4.6L V8. Searched for Sheehy Nissan Hyundai of Waldorf MD to write a review and can't seem to locate a web site for them, so this helps me express my frustration in having 7 invoices for major repairs.
Suggested Improvements
Stop using faulty parts in your vehicles. After several major issues not even two years of leasing is pretty overwhelming for any one to contend with! Genesis or not the one I am driving with a lot of hesitation shouldn't even be on the road. Who knows what will shut down on me next. It's pretty bad when the service manager tell you he's replaced a lot of techs. because they were failing to make repairs when in fact they were not! My first complaint was after my 15,000 service check. No problems going in but after I left everything started falling apart and hasn't stopped yet. Shame the consumer has to deal with such poor service from a dealership and Hyundai Motor America. Emotional!
By asb81689
on 02/28/12 10:15 AM (PST)

Wow, sorry to hear about all that happening. I'm in the market of buying one, maybe I'll look at something else. Thanks for posting.