2009 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Review: Bad Tires O Genesis

2009 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Review

3.8 Sedan (3.8L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Bad Tires O Genesis
By jspong002 on

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After only 7500 miles my two rear tires were completely bald. The dealer replaced them commenting they had never seen anything like that before. After the next 8000 miles the remaing two tires were also bald, but the dealer and Hyundai refused to replace. Do not buy a Hyundai with Dunlop Sp Sport 5000 m tires. Insist the dealer change them or don't buy the car. These are junk tires and should never be put on a car, as they are unsafe.

The Genesis is a great car, but they have cheapened it with the Dunlop SP Sport 5000M tires.

Get rid of the Dunlop SP Sport 5000M tires.
By bitesback
on 07/25/11 12:01 PM (PDT)

I leased in July of 2009 and December 2010 the tires were bald, so I feel your pain! I now have some great Goodyear tires on it that I shelled out good cash for but that is all that I can now say is great about the car itself. December the Genesis had to get a brand new transmission put in it and there is a whole list of electrical repairs that follow with a lot of hesitation. Unfortunately, Hyundai doesn't have that great of an Assurance plan huh! Lemon law doesn't do much justice.