Just bought a 3.8 Genesis Sedan
By ibuy4u on
2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)
I was skeptical of Hyundai just like you. I wouldn't even look in the direction of this brand before BUT in these times...if your credit is shot due to the economy and can't get the car you drove before or want then this might be the car for you. After driving the Genesis I was pleasantly surprised! 3 main factors that caught my attention. Driveablity, Technology and Accessories. It drove like a cream puff. Smooth "very" smooth engine and tranny with kick when you need it. Technology available is just as good and plentiful as the rest with BMW and Audi hand controls. Accesories you would normaly have to buy as an option is included in the Genesis. Great value and warranty for the buck!
Favorite Features
LED cockpit and footwells just like the A8. All windows go all the way down and not halfway. Power rear sunshade with auto folddown in reverse. Keyless-go works great with audible beep not horn. All doors illuminate the ground when opened. Venitilated seats warm and cold. Radio/Navigation/DVD controls at your right hand just like the BMW 7 series and Audi A6/8 models. HID adaptive headlamps. And a loud, crisp, thumping surround sound 17 speaker system. Pretty damn good for stock! And most of all, the best piece of mind you can get is 10yr 100k mile bumper to bumber warranty. Anything breaks the dealer fixes! Piece of mind=stability!
Suggested Improvements
I just bought this car (6/12) and only had it for a few weeks. No problem to report as of yet. I will post here if any issues arises. I've read alot about tranny issues or sudden acceleration etc. I'll be the judge of that and will post if I ever experience any issues. I will tell you this...I've owned high end luxury sedans and for the money...this car has ALL the accesories you demand and want. Now lets see if the car holds up mechanically wise but time will tell. Hope this post was informative to all you buyers. I bought this vechile based on a few factors. 1. If you have kids (2-3yrs olds) back seats enough room for car seats. 2. Warranty is 100k bumber-2-bumber. 3. Value. Good luck.