2009 Hyundai Genesis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:
Superb Choice
By JIM on 12/23/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had been evaluating several new sport sedans over a period of 11 months prior to selecting my Genesis. Specifically, I tested the BMW 535, Audi A6, Cadillac CTS and Mercedes E350. I have also owned Lexus vehicles. I was leaning toward the BMW but had not tested the Genesis during this time span. I had established a price range and didn't want to go north of $70k. After ten minutes in the Genesis there was no doubt in my mind that this car was the best of the group. The handling, spaciousness, quietness and overall good feeling left me with the impression that the other brands were over priced. The difference in the overall savings gives me free fuel and insurance over the 36 month lease.

BUYER BEWARE
By Second Thoughts on 12/20/09 10:59 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Okay, so I was one of those extremely pleased individuals who purchased a Genesis and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, AND rolled my eyes at bad reviews. But my electrical system hasn't been right since I drove it off the lot. So just be aware that the system is intricate, and new, so when things start going wrong, you may find yourself visiting the dealership MANY times to give them a chance to get it right. I've been at least 6 times since I purchased the NEW car, and it's still not fixed. The difficult part is that in fairness, it's a car that gives a great driving experience, when it works the way it's supposed to work. Be aware - bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs.

Excellant car
By Jim on 12/17/09 06:14 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We love this Genesis and would buy another! I have had several nice compliments and folks wanted to know more about it etc.

Really like it
By Jack B. on 12/10/09 17:47 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have owned our Genesis for 4 months and remain very pleased. We test drove Lexis, Avalons, Lincolns and 3 Genesis. One Genesis test drive was for more than an hour. We were not surprised by the stiffness of the Genesis ride. Highway ride and quietness are excellent. Firm ride in town lacks something to be desired but my wife does not mind. Purchasing experience was good. Please do not drive up the cost by having "Genesis Only" dealerships. I do like the performance, interior and exterior styling and sound system. A great car to drive.

what an amazing value!
By JoeManGA on 12/09/09 14:43 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After much research and test driving I bought the Genesis 4.6 with tech package. I was a bit hesitant because the ride was a bit more firm and sporty than what I was used to with my Avalon. After 2 months, I have to say the ride is no longer an issue and I prefer the suspension in the Genesis to my "couch on wheel" ride I had before. I still can't believe I paid $36.7K plus T&T. It's just silly to think people pay $50 and $60K for comparable vehicles. I also got the wing emblems on wheels, trunk and steering wheel. It looks fantastic and I've received many stares and compliments on the car. The ES350 was the only other alternative, but it is much smaller and has a dated interior.

5 Days of Ownership and Loving It!!
By BrooksLovesThisCar on 11/12/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Wonderful car, I'm very happy with my purchase. Makes it seem like a waste to purchase a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus or Infiniti for thousands more! I have the Genesis badge/wing on the trunk, and people ask me is that a "Bently". Looks and performs stride for stride with the premium luxury automobiles mentioned before. Well worth the $42K..BMW 550 will perform better but at a $25,000 premium. One of my co- workers owns one, and it is not worth the extra $$$. I took him for a ride in the Genesis, and he couldn't believe it was a Hyundai and the price I paid for it!

Love this car...
By Bobson on 11/09/09 17:42 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After 9 months of ownership, I have found this car to be everything promised. The interior and exterior styling are suburb. I have experienced no mechanical or other type problems. The car is very comfortable on long trips, although I sometimes prefer a cushier ride to the more stiff sport suspension on this vehicle. My only 2 complaints are the Lexicon sound system is not as good as it is cracked up to be in my opinion and the blue tooth interface is not as compatible as it claims to be with certain phone models. Nonethless, I receive weekly compliments on the car and believe it is one of the best values on the market today.

Best Performance-Value Ratio.
By Young on 11/07/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After four months of ownership, I am extremely pleased with the car. The feel and comfort of the car are excellent. The highway ride and acceleration are super. The overall quality matches or surpasses that of most luxury sedans on the market -- except that Genesis costs thousands of dollars less. Looks great inside and out. Easily, one of the top 'performance - value' vehicles on the road.

The best car I have ever owned!
By Harold on 11/06/09 10:58 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I also own a Lexus and a Benz. This car is better than both. I would match this car with any car on the market that costs between 30k and 50k. I have own my Genesis for over a year and have had no issues with it. It beats both my Lexus and Benz hands down. Benz IMO is over rated; I have had nothing but expensive problems with it since I purchased it new. The Lexus was an excellent car, but it is the little things that get too you.

16 months of fun and satisfaction
By Dullien on 11/01/09 19:11 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Yes, people make faces: "A Hyundai?" but I did four months of research and bought it for the value and haven't regretted it yet. I also got lucky to have the wings on the trunk.This car kept every promise from riding comfort,road handling, to exceptional sound, and all the electronics are working very well with the small navigation button. I had Mercedes and still have a BMW; Genesis compares extremely well. You have to go into BMW 700 category and the 550 Mercedes class, which will cost accordingly. And yes I had more than a dozen people ask me if it is a Bentley (because of the wings in the back).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Genesis in VA is:

$116 per month*