2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Review: After 3 years

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Review

After 3 years
By garochristian on

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was in love with this vehicle when I first purchased it -- I was 20, and I made the purchase all on my own. Instead of listening to my mother and getting something economical and practical, I chose to instead get a performance/sports car. Do I regret it? Some days, yes... other days, I deal with it.

Some things to note:
- Performance is awesome
- Ride is bumpy
- Backseat space is obviously cramped
- Trunk space is small as well
- Technology is lacking... the Bluetooth connectivity could be MUCH better; Hyundai hasn't manufactured a lightning-compatible iPod cable; the entertainment display is very dated
- Outward visibility is awful

However, I do have the base model, and the upper models are much more luxurious than mine.

• Acceleration

• Rear seats
  • Getting in out
  • Cargo storage
  • Outward visibility

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By orvpickett
on 06/28/13 23:13 PM (PDT)

I have a 2013 Genesis coupe 2.0T Premium. Love the car right up tell I start the motor around people and they hear the awful Rattle that the waste gate makes. Then I am embarrassed when they ask what's loose or wrong with my car. Have taken it in to a Hyundai service center and they quoted a TSB from Hyundai about the waste gate is supposed to be noisy. There are a ton of other Gen coupe owners out there that feel the same as me. Its not normal and should get fixed but Hyundai refuses. So I say to anyone looking into a Hyundai to just move on to a different car company that might back their products.