2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2.0T Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
Fun car, very quick
By guymoulton on 02/08/15 05:20 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The decision for me came down to a used FR-S, Mini or Gencoupe. I chose a 22k miles Gencoupe for a lot of reasons. The head-turning styling, fantastic performance and interior trim all set the Gencoupe apart. The FR-S, with less HP and MUCH less torque, it looks great in the rear view mirror as you blow them away. Plus the Gencoupe has much more rear seat room for my kids. The Mini was the handling choice but lacks power. I love the wastegate chatter (I want to hear my turbo work!) but the turbo overall is not loud enough. The 6 speed tranny is fantastic- tight and precise, it's taken some time for me to learn to heel n toe with it (that's made a big difference in smoothness).

Don't judge a book by its cover
By tirbid on 07/24/13 18:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A beautiful and comfortable ride ruined by terrible transmission and waste gate design. She's quick, relatively inexpensive, comfortable to ride in but she has a fatal flaw. She sounds like a bucket of bolts after three thousand miles. My friends think there's something broke but there isn't. The waste gate rattles loudly and the transmission grinds. Hyundai claims this is normal and won't do anything about it, essentially their build quality lacks.

Defective Car-Hyundai refuses to Fix
By genesiscoupe7 on 06/10/13 07:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a brand new 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe 6 speed, when I pressed the clutch the car makes horrible clanking and rattle noises. I took the car back and they told me that normal. I then switched the car for a different one and that car makes the same horrible noise. THe master mechanic at Hyundai states lots of people have complained but hyundai says they do not recognize this as a problem. I hate this car with a passion, it sound like your driving a 1980 sports car that rattles and clanks. DOnt waste you money the car is a piece of crap.

My Second Gen Coupe
By briten88 on 03/26/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2012 GenCoupe auto that I was disappointed with and traded for this 2013 2.0T Manual which is a huge improvement in performance, economy, interior fit and finish. Having owned 5 mustangs I was ready for a change. With it's modern look both inside and out, better suspension, and value for the dollar I am happy I switched.