2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
KDM power
By kultureshok on 12/05/13 14:27 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

rarely do i ever write reviews but i was so compelled to write one for the 2013 genesis 2.0t. i see a ton of mixed reviews at least for the 2.0t. The 2.0t is an extremely fun car for 25k. Power from the 4 banger is more than adequate if you're not an enthusiast or a tuner. Car receives a ton of looks, love the fact that it's not a common car on the road yet, it gives you a sense of exclusivity. Handling is good can take corners relatively well, but by no means is it on the same level as an FRS/BRZ. i see a lot of concerns and complaints about the waste gate on the turbo rattling, my genesis has about 2500 with no issue so far (knocks on every piece of wood known to mankind) overall pleased

So glad I chose this car!
By mustrockon on 08/02/13 20:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car is amazing. I purchased after doing months of research. The others I considered were the Nissan 370Z, Mustang GT, and BMW 128i coupe. This car has impressive handling, a spacious front for driver and passenger, instant power, and awesome styling. I recently drove on a 4 hour drive and got 30mpg. I almost chose the 370Z, but I wanted something that had more trunk space and the possibility of carrying more than 1 passenger. The back seat is tiny and some passengers will find they have claustrophobia, but I like it for the extra space for stuff and like knowing that I can fit up to 3 passengers legally. The trunk is huge. 2000 miles so far and I love it.

Don't judge a book by its cover
By tirbid on 07/24/13 18:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A beautiful and comfortable ride ruined by terrible transmission and waste gate design. She's quick, relatively inexpensive, comfortable to ride in but she has a fatal flaw. She sounds like a bucket of bolts after three thousand miles. My friends think there's something broke but there isn't. The waste gate rattles loudly and the transmission grinds. Hyundai claims this is normal and won't do anything about it, essentially their build quality lacks.

great car, questionable warranty support
By putz5 on 07/24/13 09:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

this car has the same issue my 2.0t sonota did (same Turbo) and Hyundai is still turning a blind eye to the issue saying it is "normal" such a great looking car, shame it sounds like a dodge K car with no oil

2013 Genesis waste gate Rattle!!!
By orvpickett on 06/28/13 23:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2013 2.0T premium has a horrible rattle coming from the turbo waste. Hyundai refuses to fix mine or anyone else's saying its normal. Trust me when you hear the loose washers on a bolt sound coming from our cars you wouldn't like it either. Its awful! Wouldn't recommend this car to anyone since Hyundai refuses to fix them. It cost way to much money to own a car you are embarrassed to start around people.

Just purchased!
By garochristian on 06/16/13 21:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased my 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe two days ago and I absolutely love it. Naturally, you hear that this is a great value, and it indeed is! Lots of power, decent fuel economy, purrs when you drive it, and it turns a lot of heads. Even the base model is more than adequate in terms of interior styling and standard features. I put 300 miles in these two days of owning this vehicle, and so far, I have yet to have any complaints or concerns. I love this car!

Defective Car-Hyundai refuses to Fix
By genesiscoupe7 on 06/10/13 07:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a brand new 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe 6 speed, when I pressed the clutch the car makes horrible clanking and rattle noises. I took the car back and they told me that normal. I then switched the car for a different one and that car makes the same horrible noise. THe master mechanic at Hyundai states lots of people have complained but hyundai says they do not recognize this as a problem. I hate this car with a passion, it sound like your driving a 1980 sports car that rattles and clanks. DOnt waste you money the car is a piece of crap.

Best sports coupe for the buck
By jmac57 on 05/31/13 12:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

This is my third coupe (have owned a 2009, 2011 and now the 2013) and I must say this car is the best yet. Great power,very good built quality and comfortable. All the best things in the g37 for thousands less and with a great warranty to boot.I find the stereo to be fine (300 plus watts more then enough for me), the navigation works great as does the Bluetooth. If your looking fort a sports coupe that will leave some bucks in your bank account,then it is a no brainer.

2013 R spec 2.0T Outstanding value!
By bdblom on 04/14/13 14:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased this R spec 3/22/13. Coming up on first 1000 miles, Love this car so far! This is our 2nd Hyundai in 2 yrs, My wife drive a 2011 Sonata 2.0T and we love that car as well. The 2.0 direct injected variable valve timing turbo engine is very stout and with 30k on the Sonata, trouble free. I hoped Hyundai would put that engine in the Genesis coupe, so when they did it was a done deal for me. That engine mated to a 6 spd manual is really fun to drive and I love the new look of the coupe. I also appreciate the simplicity of a rear wheel drive 4 cylinder. I am a experienced auto tech (30+ yrs) and find this car to be well thought out. Looking forward to a long term relationship.

My Second Gen Coupe
By briten88 on 03/26/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2012 GenCoupe auto that I was disappointed with and traded for this 2013 2.0T Manual which is a huge improvement in performance, economy, interior fit and finish. Having owned 5 mustangs I was ready for a change. With it's modern look both inside and out, better suspension, and value for the dollar I am happy I switched.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in VA is:

$191 per month*