2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Review: Good looking and fun, with man

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Review

3.8 Grand Touring Coupe (3.8L V6 6-speed Automatic w/Black Leather)

Good looking and fun, with many build quality issues
By beamers on

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Black Leather (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I own a v6 GT (25k miles), and opted to go that route after driving the incredibly rigid track edition. The GT suspension is still quite stiff, but bearable. I like driving the car, it's fast, responsive, and sounds good. It's also quite a good looking car, but interior build quality has left a bad taste. I've had issues with my sun roof already, my drivers seat track had to be replaced, steering wheel leather peeled off, and the electronic brake switch has died 3 times ( which kills the push button start ) the dashboard has quite a few rattles, and the rear speaker rattles quite alot. After all that i'm still left with interior issues I've had to fix on my own.

Favorite Features

v6 power, stereo, seating, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Interior build issues are my major concern, along with material quality. the car needed more long term testing before it was released, all of the issues I've run into would have been spotted easily after more extensive testing. Build new brake switches. I've had mine die 3 times already, and the dealership says they're the most common problem in the hyundai cars that use them.