2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
My First GenCoupe
By briten88 on 03/26/13 13:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had 5 Mustangs in the past and was ready for a change. Got a 2012 GenCoupe as a model end leftover with an auto. I was very unhappy with the trans., it really needed an extra gear so the fuel economy was horrible, I get better both highway and city with my vette. Interior had a lot of rattles that the dealer couldn't fix, after 6 months I traded it for a 2013 Manual which is a MUCH improved car.

Good looking and fun, with many build quality issues
By beamers on 02/01/13 07:26 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Black Leather (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I own a v6 GT (25k miles), and opted to go that route after driving the incredibly rigid track edition. The GT suspension is still quite stiff, but bearable. I like driving the car, it's fast, responsive, and sounds good. It's also quite a good looking car, but interior build quality has left a bad taste. I've had issues with my sun roof already, my drivers seat track had to be replaced, steering wheel leather peeled off, and the electronic brake switch has died 3 times ( which kills the push button start ) the dashboard has quite a few rattles, and the rear speaker rattles quite alot. After all that i'm still left with interior issues I've had to fix on my own.

Best Car I have ever owned!!!!!!!!!!
By cbarron721 on 06/14/12 07:36 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is blast to drive and is the first vehicle to ever replace the thrill of the ninja ZX6R. The turbo feels smooth and kicks in hard. The only two areas where I would say need to be improved (they seem to be on the 2013) is the quality of the interior and the performance. I gave both of those a 4 because the interior is nice but does leave something to be desired and the performance is great but they really should have used a larger intercooler and could have tuned it better. I have owned this car since new in February 2012, I bought the 2012 because the 2013 front end just does not do it for me, and the 2012 is more mod friendly. I have already switched to a single exhaust and SRI

Everything I Thought It Would Be, But...
By southerngent63 on 12/13/11 10:36 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Let me begin by saying that this is one of my favorite cars. I've owned 14 over 30+ years so I have a good personal database. It is lightning fast, especially in "manual mode". There's the slightest lag at launch in full automatic but if you're racing you're going to be using the paddle shifters anyway. (I don't race, but I do love one particular freeway on ramp.) It might not be a work of art, per se, but the design lets you know up front that this is a fun car. The interior is about as comfortable as you might imagine a sport-tuned suspension would allow, which is to say not overly. Everything is well laid-out, easy to use and unobtrusive. Overall, I love it. But keep reading...

Disappointing
By attaymik37 on 11/19/11 20:00 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a 2.0T Coupe in October, drove it for over a month and traded it in (I leased) for a Veloster, which suits me better. I thought I was ready for a sports car but the ride, comfort and fuel economy were not at all what I expected. I purchased in Red and it was a beautiful car but not for me. The ride was harsh, there was an annoying buzz on the passenger side, the seats were not comfortable, it aggravated my carpal tunnel and I had to wear my wrist brace just to drive without pain. I also own a Volkswagen CC and the steering, handling and cornering are heads above the Coupe. I wanted to like it but back it went. A disappointment for me.

Genesis Coupe is an absolute blast!
By jonbarraudi on 08/24/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

I have the GT which brings all the gizmos that make driving an enjoyable event and V6 engine that pulls all the gizmos along with you from 0-60 in 5.7 (on average). The interior is well put together and offers a lot of soft touch buttons that make you feel like you should be paying more for the car. The exterior is fantastic, lots of looks because no common person (people that are not that into cars) could recognize. The car feels light and confident when steering across corners. But as far as reliability goes, I hope for the best. In conclusion, this car has really blown my expectations away and has somewhat changed my perception of the auto car company known as Hyundai.

I LOVE my new Genesis Coupe!
By daunen on 08/17/11 08:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is beautiful. One guy even asked me if it was a Jag. I just laughed, because not only is my car as pretty as a Jag, it cost a whole lot less! I traded my Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT convertible, and while the Genesis isn't quite as comfortable or feels as substantial, it was an excellent choice. The 4-cylinder is surprisingly responsive and really quick if I floor it. That being said, it's still a 4-cylinder and doesn't have that nice little rumble that a larger engine does. However, I am overwhelmingly happy with this car. Did I mention it is BEAUTIFUL?? ;-D

Love this car, but...
By genlove on 07/30/11 13:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Car: 3.8 Track, Bathurst Black, 6 Auto. First of all, this is simply THE MOST beautiful car on the road! Bar none! Everywhere I drive it heads turn! Almost causes wrecks. Far and away THE MOST CAR FOR THE MONEY I've ever owned. PERIOD! Handling: GLUE. Ride Quality: Rough, but you'll come to love it. Performance: Very Good. Needs a V8 and/or better transmission programming. Build Quality: Hyundai. The NEW standard. The ONLY quibble I have with this car AT ALL, is that the Auto Trans needs to be either reprogrammed more aggressively, or such a mode needs to be added. No one I know buying this car is primarily interested in gas mileage.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in NJ is:

$254 per month*