2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Review: My first new car

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Review

2.0T Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

My first new car
By emily_may_o on

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2003 Kia that died at 98000 miles so I was nervous at buying a Hyundai. However, the sleek look and the quick burst of the turbo sold me in just one hour! I feel amazing when driving it and I love cruising at 65 mph then hitting the gas without down shifting. I have only seen a few others on the road in my area whereas you see hundreds of civic's on the road daily. My father who was with me at test drive still "ooh's and ahh's" each time I pull-up to his house. All in all a fantastic buy!! 34 average mpg (stop & go freeway traffic mostly) BUT issues I have found is rear view mirror blurs/vibrates at 65mph & bluetooth is not compatible with a LOT of phones!

I love the seat adjustments. You can raise or lower your seat depending on the drive you are taking. When I am crusing with one arm on the wheel, I like to ride low. When I am in bumper to bumper traffic and need more control, you can raise the seat. I do miss the telescopic function of the steering wheel especially since the pedals are so far from the seat.

Bluetooth needs to be more compatible with phones/devices. I have switched phones twice and it still fails to connect. Mp3 player function needs to have a memory of where it left off (like a CD). Each time I turn the car on it starts at the first track on my MP3 player so I have to scroll through to find what I was listening to. The doors are very long and likes to shut on you when you are trying to get out of the car. Telescope steering wheel. I loved this function when I test drove a Camaro.