Stay away from the 2.0T
By nwillingham on
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
have the 2.0T premium coupe. I've had it for almost 5 months. Beautiful car, fast car, love the navigation (hate the ipod interface), comfy car in the front seats, BUT The sticker of 20/30 mpg is a complete lie. You would have to be going downhill all the time to come close to either of those numbers. When I drive like a grandpa I MIGHT get 16.5mpg in town and 24mpg on the highway. The 5 speed doesnt seem sufficient. ALSO, the T in 2.0T is for Turbo and Turbos use supreme gas only. Personally with the trash gas mileage, slow to shift paddle shifters, crap iPod interface, and supreme gas, I hate that I bought this car and wish I had gone with another.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, Interior features, steering, pick up and go, navigation (zooms in and helps a lot in the city).
Suggested Improvements
Trash gas mileage, hate the iPod interface, hate using premium gas in a hyundai, paddle shifters are very slow to change gears. Also, the wind blew my car door open (yes really) and it destroyed the door. My truck can slam its door into a pole and not sustain any damage. It's frail and the doors open wide, the little point at the bottom of the door was completely rolled in from hitting the side of a chevrolet impala... the impala was unscathed.