2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
Outstanding Choice
By pokey411 on 06/24/11 15:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My choice was between this coupe or the VW cc and after driving the 3.6 and the 2.0 RSpec I landed on the 2.0 Premium. Very tight ride and smooth to the road, the interior is simple but very well designed and elegant. Comfort and noise level was important to me because of the amount of time I spend in my car, this does not disappoint, even on the 2.0. I believe the cloth seats are more comfortable than the leather. Acceleration is phenomenal, a tough choice between the 2.0 and 3.6 but a few dealers did say they liked the 2.0. Overall, you cannot go wrong with this car based on far to many factors

My First Car, but she's a beauty
By inate71 on 06/06/11 20:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It's my first car, and I LOVE it. It's so much fun to drive, I enjoy the performance, and I simply love the way it looks (I got Silverstone). This thing is incredible. It handles like a dream. It gallops like a stallion, and she is gorgeous to look at--even sounds good. ;)

surprising coupe
By zimboy on 01/21/11 16:13 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The eye-catching rear-wheel drive Genesis Coupe surprised from the moment i started it. Nice sport sound and then very responsive motor and torque. Great visibility excellent grip and just-firm-enough suspension make it a delight to drive. The 2.0T won't throw you back in your seat but performance is enough to have legal fun and yet be a practical day-to-day car. I test drove the 3.8 V6 and found it to be a bit wild and hard on the road. But if you want more power it is great.

Best Bang for the Buck
By merft on 01/09/11 16:57 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've been watching the GC for a couple years and waited to see first year impressions. After test driving the equivalent Camaro and Mustang, by price, what sold me was the handling of the Genesis. Going fast is nice but where other than the track can you do it legally? However, get the Genesis on some curvy mountain roads and the competitors pale in comparison. I am in love with this car and have no regrets or complaints.

2nd Hyundai and LOVING IT!
By makemoves on 12/09/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Prior to this car, I was driving a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Base. Like everyone out there, I was not sure if I wanted to buy a second Hyundai, but, once I drove this car, WOW, that's all I can say. The interior and build quality has improved by atleast 10 folds, from 2004 model and the soft touch is just perfect. The 2.0T, is fast enough to compete with the likes of IS250s, 328i, GTI, and many other high end imports out there. Don't be fooled by the name, Hyundai, has truly made a sport car that everyone can own and drive without, paying premium. If you are looking for a fun car to drive, this is perfect for you!

Awesome Car
By Zach on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is an awesome ride. looks amazing, have gotten a ton of comments from family and friends, but even more from complete strangers. quick and light too, love the acceleration and power it has. styling is sick, both inside and out. all around really fun to drive around town and zip down the freeway in. have yet to take it on windy roads to really see what she can handle. and for the money there's no better car.

Nice car
By Jack on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A really nice car - fun to drive, easy to drive, looks and sounds great, and all at bargain basement price. What a deal.

I cant stop looking at it
By reggie on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had it for exactly a month and a half. It is great! For the money, I could've gotten a used BMW, G35, 350Z, etc., but I wanted a new car. Although I have the 2.0T model which isn't the fastest, I can still have some fun. The interior is extremely driver friendly in my opinion. Since not too many people are aware of this model, I get so much attention/comments when I get on or off the car.

Superb sports car for the money.
By UpInSmoke on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After researching various vehicles, I decided on the Genesis Coupe, and boy am I pleased with my decision. Walked into a dealership without any intention on buying that day, but after one test drive, I was sold. The car handles great, performs even better, is surprisingly refined inside (especially with the new 2011 interior changes), and literally screams "Look at me!" from the outside. Even things that other critics cited as potential issues, such as a very bumpy ride on the track model and sub par sound from the infinity sound system, didn't seem justified from my experience so far. My only advice, leave the ESC "ON" until you become accustomed to the power and handling of this beast!

Better than my TL!
By Kenswift on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Brown Leather (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

WOW! Just picked up a new 2011 3.8 GT! This car is simply awesome. It drives better than my Acura TL that I just sold. It is so much fun to drive, it looks so sweet, and is quick as hell. The quality of this car is tremendous. Do not HESITATE to get this car if you are interested in it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in VA is:

$149 per month*