Used 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

IN LOVE with this car...Civic SI Convert
By slthomas123

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

27 yo female, I have a 2.0 R-spec, and couldn't love it any more than I do. I previously drove a 2009 Honda Civic SI, and never thought I'd love any car in the same price range more. Well let me tell you, the Genesis beats the SI any day. Granted, there are amenities I wish Hyundai would add to the 2.0 models--I was initially irritated that I couldn't buy a 2.0 model with a 6spd manual transmission AND a sunroof, the R-spec model lacks cruise control and automatic headlights. However, the car is sexy and GORGEOUS (my friends all think it's a BMW at first), it handles like a dream and is incredibly fun to drive. I literally get questions and compliments on it ALL the time. R-spec is awesome!

19 inch wheels(look awesome, ten times better than 2.0t wheels), Brembo brakes, sport-tuned 6 speed suspension, interior leather/red cloth insert seats

add sunroof option with manual transmission, add cruise control/auto headlights to R-spec. Advertised gas mileage not accurate--I get maybe 19 city/23hwy at best.

Genesis Coupe is on the Market
By jdfoster1

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe boasts the advances of this Korean company in today’s world. This new coupe has everything a perspiring luxury car owner is looking for. With a 3.8L engine, this car will give you that feeling of power and superiority that you get from many exotic cars. You will not feel slow in this speedster. This car easily possesses the visual effects of a Ferrari, such as the head-turning effect. With many colors available, such as the vibrant yellow, this car will not be missed as it takes a stroll down the street. The 2011 Hyundai Genesis is a very reliable competitor in the rising sports-car industry.

The performance of this car is even better with the smoothness of this ride. Wider rear tires allow the car to maintain good traction as well as smoothness when cruising at high speeds. For example, when this car is out on the track it will do well on turns and curves due to its tires and great suspension system. The difference in the tire size between the front and the rear allows the car to accelerate controllably to high speeds. Whether the car is raced or used as a commuter car, the wheels guarantee a smooth, calm ride. What would this ride be without a superior breaking system? This car features the Brembo Braking system, which is very popular among high-end cars such as a Porsche.

There are some negatives to this car visually. The grill cover is a faded black plastic. This gives off a vibe of cheapness to any car. In addition to the plastic grill, there are also many plastic details such as the fog lights and the area around the rear bumper. The front hood of the car is not completely symmetrical, which throws off the equilibrium of the car. This car is very low to the ground which means anything such as a small rock on the street can be lifted into the air and cause a scratch on the bottom. These negatives do not outdo the positives; this car is definitely a piece of art.

Stay away from the 2.0T
By nwillingham

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

have the 2.0T premium coupe. I've had it for almost 5 months. Beautiful car, fast car, love the navigation (hate the ipod interface), comfy car in the front seats, BUT The sticker of 20/30 mpg is a complete lie. You would have to be going downhill all the time to come close to either of those numbers. When I drive like a grandpa I MIGHT get 16.5mpg in town and 24mpg on the highway. The 5 speed doesnt seem sufficient. ALSO, the T in 2.0T is for Turbo and Turbos use supreme gas only. Personally with the trash gas mileage, slow to shift paddle shifters, crap iPod interface, and supreme gas, I hate that I bought this car and wish I had gone with another.

Bluetooth, Interior features, steering, pick up and go, navigation (zooms in and helps a lot in the city).

Trash gas mileage, hate the iPod interface, hate using premium gas in a hyundai, paddle shifters are very slow to change gears. Also, the wind blew my car door open (yes really) and it destroyed the door. My truck can slam its door into a pole and not sustain any damage. It's frail and the doors open wide, the little point at the bottom of the door was completely rolled in from hitting the side of a chevrolet impala... the impala was unscathed.

My first new car
By emily_may_o

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2003 Kia that died at 98000 miles so I was nervous at buying a Hyundai. However, the sleek look and the quick burst of the turbo sold me in just one hour! I feel amazing when driving it and I love cruising at 65 mph then hitting the gas without down shifting. I have only seen a few others on the road in my area whereas you see hundreds of civic's on the road daily. My father who was with me at test drive still "ooh's and ahh's" each time I pull-up to his house. All in all a fantastic buy!! 34 average mpg (stop & go freeway traffic mostly) BUT issues I have found is rear view mirror blurs/vibrates at 65mph & bluetooth is not compatible with a LOT of phones!

I love the seat adjustments. You can raise or lower your seat depending on the drive you are taking. When I am crusing with one arm on the wheel, I like to ride low. When I am in bumper to bumper traffic and need more control, you can raise the seat. I do miss the telescopic function of the steering wheel especially since the pedals are so far from the seat.

Bluetooth needs to be more compatible with phones/devices. I have switched phones twice and it still fails to connect. Mp3 player function needs to have a memory of where it left off (like a CD). Each time I turn the car on it starts at the first track on my MP3 player so I have to scroll through to find what I was listening to. The doors are very long and likes to shut on you when you are trying to get out of the car. Telescope steering wheel. I loved this function when I test drove a Camaro.

Fast, Fun to drive coupe at a budget price
By po_an

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Black Leather (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love my gen coupe - its fast, its sexy. Not the best looking from the front, but the shape rocks and the rear is superb. Turns more heads than any other car under 50k The 3.8 GT and track features are more than those found on the base models of cars upwards of 30k.. Superb value at its price the rear seat has great legroom, although headroom is limited. Short people and kids will fit in comfortably

Fun to drive torquey v6 superb handling Set of default features: Nav, bluetooth, seat warmers, auto climate control, 6/8 way powered seats, paddle shifters, sunroof, heated mirrors, leather seats, premium audio, etc.

Minor kinks with the interiors - occasional rattles of the body - should be fixed Seat leather quality could be better