2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
Great first car.
By mrgovenator on 10/30/14 09:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great first purchase. On the used market it hard to beat the value of these cars. You get so much for so little. You get a well laid out interior. Some material quality is questionable, such as the some cheap leather, but most the plastics are soft touch or have a rubber coating. And the exterior is gorgeous in my opinion. You get a great power plant under the hood, that gives other cars of this price a run for the money. Only real issue is the 6 speed transmission, it feels cheap and clunky. Can you live with it daily though? For me, yes. The total value out weighs this one problem. The seats hold you in place very well, and feel nice for the price point.

Features and performance that undercuts the segment.
By compugeek5150 on 07/20/14 13:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2nd owner 2011 3.8 RSpec Imola Yellow. After looking at several vehicles and test driving even more at the $20k pricepoint, there's just not a lot of other cars that ticks of as many checkboxes that this does. My only real gripe is the lack of cruise control on the RSpec (but it's standard on the Track edition - wat.) This car compares favorably to the 350/370z, although interior materials fall a bit short of a G35/G37. I can't comment on the stock navi, as the previous owner has replaced it - no complaints with usability however you might want to look to other reviews if this is a must have feature for you.

Don't buy a Hyundai Genesis
By davidirn on 11/14/13 16:57 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We bought a new Genesis coupe in 2011. This is the worst mistake of our lives. It is by far the cheapest vehicle we have ever owned. The ride is so stiff and uncomfortable. We don't dare take it on long trips. The road noise is so bad you can't even hear the stereo or hear yourself think. The interior is so cheap just touching the interior causes marks that will not come off. The navigation system has taken us to places we never programed it for. After owning it for just a few months we had to take it back to the dealer to have the seats replaced because the stain on the leather was wearing off and white spots are coming thru. The transmission is very difficult to shift. Don't buy!

Drive before you buy!
By spark1952 on 02/14/12 08:57 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This auto performs and handles excellant. The problem is the ride ( of course it is a sports car) and the road noise. I own a 1968 RS/SS Camero that rides better. I drove this vehicle 400 miles on interstate and wasn't impress with the quality of ride and road noise. I bought new drove 400 miles and 3 days. In contacting the dealer. He would take it back if I tok a $10,000.00 hit on it. Not a very good deal. Wouldn't recommend. Stick to American sports car.

IN LOVE with this car...Civic SI Convert
By slthomas123 on 01/20/12 06:27 AM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

27 yo female, I have a 2.0 R-spec, and couldn't love it any more than I do. I previously drove a 2009 Honda Civic SI, and never thought I'd love any car in the same price range more. Well let me tell you, the Genesis beats the SI any day. Granted, there are amenities I wish Hyundai would add to the 2.0 models--I was initially irritated that I couldn't buy a 2.0 model with a 6spd manual transmission AND a sunroof, the R-spec model lacks cruise control and automatic headlights. However, the car is sexy and GORGEOUS (my friends all think it's a BMW at first), it handles like a dream and is incredibly fun to drive. I literally get questions and compliments on it ALL the time. R-spec is awesome!

Genesis Coupe is on the Market
By jdfoster1 on 11/22/11 12:50 PM (PST)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe boasts the advances of this Korean company in today’s world. This new coupe has everything a perspiring luxury car owner is looking for. With a 3.8L engine, this car will give you that feeling of power and superiority that you get from many exotic cars. You will not feel slow in this speedster. This car easily possesses the visual effects of a Ferrari, such as the head-turning effect. With many colors available, such as the vibrant yellow, this car will not be missed as it takes a stroll down the street. The 2011 Hyundai Genesis is a very reliable competitor in the rising sports-car industry.

Stay away from the 2.0T
By nwillingham on 08/16/11 22:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

have the 2.0T premium coupe. I've had it for almost 5 months. Beautiful car, fast car, love the navigation (hate the ipod interface), comfy car in the front seats, BUT The sticker of 20/30 mpg is a complete lie. You would have to be going downhill all the time to come close to either of those numbers. When I drive like a grandpa I MIGHT get 16.5mpg in town and 24mpg on the highway. The 5 speed doesnt seem sufficient. ALSO, the T in 2.0T is for Turbo and Turbos use supreme gas only. Personally with the trash gas mileage, slow to shift paddle shifters, crap iPod interface, and supreme gas, I hate that I bought this car and wish I had gone with another.

My first new car
By emily_may_o on 07/25/11 17:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2003 Kia that died at 98000 miles so I was nervous at buying a Hyundai. However, the sleek look and the quick burst of the turbo sold me in just one hour! I feel amazing when driving it and I love cruising at 65 mph then hitting the gas without down shifting. I have only seen a few others on the road in my area whereas you see hundreds of civic's on the road daily. My father who was with me at test drive still "ooh's and ahh's" each time I pull-up to his house. All in all a fantastic buy!! 34 average mpg (stop & go freeway traffic mostly) BUT issues I have found is rear view mirror blurs/vibrates at 65mph & bluetooth is not compatible with a LOT of phones!

Fast, Fun to drive coupe at a budget price
By po_an on 07/06/11 11:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Black Leather (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love my gen coupe - its fast, its sexy. Not the best looking from the front, but the shape rocks and the rear is superb. Turns more heads than any other car under 50k The 3.8 GT and track features are more than those found on the base models of cars upwards of 30k.. Superb value at its price the rear seat has great legroom, although headroom is limited. Short people and kids will fit in comfortably

Not to be expected of Hyundai
By pcseely on 06/28/11 06:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fantastic car to drive. I have had a few longer road trips and the car feels the road like you would expect from a european model of $20K more. I am a tall man 6'3" and sitting in the drivers seat feels extremely comfortable and has great visability. I fell in love with the look from the 2009 model and have received numerous compliments from people. Each one has been shocked this was a Hyundai. The car has aggressive lines and the two-tone interior really adds the extra sportiness to the black exterior. Very happy about my decision.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in VA is:

$149 per month*