2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Review: I would not buy this car again

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

I would not buy this car again.
By connien on

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love the style of this car as do many people. That said my particular car has computer/electrical issues. I have had to have the radio replaced twice, an amplifier replaced, the driver door button replaced twice, and the push button start had an occasional "interrupt" in the brake connect that kept the car from starting quite a few times. Now these may seem minor, but somehow the computer/electrical system is damaging components in the car! I'm very worried about what might be next. I have heard from another owner that his traction control siezed and caused him to have an accident. Hyundai replaced his car but the new one has issues too! Nothing worse than electrical issues.

Favorite Features

Exterior style and road hugging in curves. Fun to drive. 2.0T has plenty of get up and go for me.

Suggested Improvements

Hatchback with split seats like the Mitsubishi Eclipse would be great!! It wouldn't have to change the looks and would allow greater trunk access and storage. Make the seats comfortable in case you need to lie down. If you get sick and need to lie down in this car, forget it. The back seat is hard and has a huge middle hump. The front seats are so contoured and hard that you can't put them back and lie comfortably. Better gas mileage. But MOST important get the electrical/computer bugs worked out!!!