Best car I've ever owned!
By rossk on
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I have owned nearly 30 cars, and the Genesis Coupe is by far my favorite. It's comfortable, fun to drive, reliable (no problems after 30,000 miles), and it looks great. Hyndai name or not, this is one of the best values for the money, and one of the best sports coupes - period - on the market today. It may not be the fastest 0-60, but it sure is quick, and it has amazing handling characteristics. If you are looking for a PURE sports car that is liveable & reliable, this is the car for you. I can't wait to drive this car every day!
Favorite Features
Definitely the handling, and the value for the money. XM radio & bluetooth, plus iPod connectivity - all viewable through the info screen. I know many cars have these features, but it's a plus in a sports car like this, for not a ton of money. Also, I like the push-start ignition. No key required! This car also has great seats, very supportive for sporty driving, yet comfortable for long journeys. Back seat is actually LARGER than you would think. Anyone up to 5'5" should be just fine. There is also plenty of legroom. Lastly, this car looks great inside and out. I never get tired of it.
Suggested Improvements
Not many. The info screen for music/ipod/bluetooth has a character limit. I wish it would show all text (without scrolling). performance is good with the turbo-4, but I know Hyundai has a more powerful turbo-4 in the Sonata...wouldn't mind that upgrade! The stereo is very good, but would sound stronger with a bit more sound insulation from the road. And the subwoofer is adequate, but can be boomy (could be tighter). Lastly, gas mileage is good for a turbo-4, but nowhere near the claimed 21/31 figure from Hyundai. I get 17/26 on premium.