2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
This is a Hyundai?
By DMW on 03/31/10 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

"That's a Hyundai?" That question I get asked almost every single day. The exterior design is exceptional with the Track spoiler, 19" wheels, and those red Brembo brakes. The interior is nicely put together as well. The touch screen Navigation is in a good spot as well. Performance is not blistering, but you're faster than 95% of the cars on the road. Things I like are the HID lights, the voice control, and the confirmation beep that tells you you're engaged in R, and leather everything. I dislike how there is no memory seats, no telescope steering wheel, no digital MPH display option, no back-up camera, only 1 level for Heated Seats, and the lack of smoothness in the shifter.

What a car!
By wadeboshiverson on 03/29/10 22:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

At first glance of the stylish exterior you would think that the Genesis coupe is an upscale Italian designed wonder for the super rich. The car is much more stylish and classy looking in black and white but for the "younger" generation the bright colors make it look extremely young and fresh. I personally love the black and white color choices as well as nixing the spoiler option. The cabin is a lovely place to be and is very quiet and livable with automatic climate, leather and touch screen navigation. The automatic is wonderful as well and the sound of the exhaust is intoxicating willing the driver to push the accelerator down. Steering feel is excellent. Bottom line a driving pleasure!

Love It
By JBab on 03/24/10 13:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have 0 buyer's remorse. I absolutely love this car! Honestly, I was very skeptical until I actually went down to the dealership and saw it in person. I knew at that point that this was the car I was going to get. A lot of reviews talk about a so-so auto system, with the premium you get the 10 speaker infinity sounds system. Honestly, I think that for the majority of the people the audio system will be perfect. The speakers are clear and can handle some power. The sub is a little underpowered. Like I said, for the average person, the audio will be great. Any one who spends 5000+ on their system won't be impressed but that's ok because they are going to rip it out anyway.

What a Blast!
By John on 03/23/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I visited the dealer to look at the Sonata but the Genesis Coupe caught my eyes. The dealer also offered me a "can't refuse deal" for $24,000. I had looked at the Genesis Coupe last year but since I already own a turbo charged Mitsubishi Eclipse, I walked past it. This time, after test driving it, I promptly turned in the Eclipse and became an amazed owner of the Genesis Coupe. My neighbors were astounded that its a Hyundai. I get stares everywhere I drive. So far, the car's been perfect... no problems at all. Even the bluetooth works well, although sometimes it doesn't understand names.

Very surprised
By barrym on 03/10/10 18:17 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My lease on a Infiniti G35 sport was about over, and I was looking at a camaro SS, and decided to give the Genesis Coupe a look. Track model, Manual, dark Grey. I was very surprised, it looked hot, sounded great and was fun to drive. I had a BMW M3 before the recession, and although the cars are not the same, this is almost as much fun to drive. Out the door at 29K. Can't beat that. Best deal on the market today.

Fun to drive, poor fuel economy
By pedsRN on 03/05/10 10:30 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Upgraded to this car from a 2001 Toyota Celica. Like the looks, fun to drive, but the fuel economy is a sham. Best MPG so far is 20mpg on the highway with cruise control on. My Celica got 30+ doing the same driving. Paint is already chipping on the bumper. Also, a creaking/clunking noise started in my rear axle/wheel hub area TWO MONTHS after purchase. I researched this car top to bottom along with the Accord, went for the "fun" car and I regret my decision.

Grinning all the way
By Bill K on 03/03/10 11:17 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I both love this car. We are retired and gave up her 2003 Acura 3.2TL and my 2004 red Z06 Corvette to go to one car we both could live with. It’s a great fun car fully loaded with features. Enjoy the spirited, quick and agile drive. Fit and finish is superb and the best warranty in the business. Some details that don’t show up on the feature list are side door windows that move down a half inch then up into a groove for a water tight seal when the door is closed. Under the hood it has an ignition coil per plug that bolts down over the spark plug eliminating the plug wire. It has a ram air intake from the front grill through duct work to the air filter.

No Econobox Hyundai, a real sports coupe
By 257Roberts on 02/16/10 19:25 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My son needed a new car and had pretty good luck with a used Kia. He was looking at an Infinti coupe, but couldn't afford a new one. I found out about the Hyundai Genesis Coupe from one of the car 10 best lists. My son really likes the car. It has the performance of the Infiniti without the price tag. The features are great and the 100k warranty was proof that Hyundai thinks they did a good job building it.

Fun but unrefined
By Nomad on 02/16/10 01:20 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The car is fun to drive and look at, but has many flaws. I've had multiple transmission problems to include a total replacement at 4200 miles. Traction control doesn't work all the time, the bluetooth radio is horrible as it syncs and won't allow calls until complete (which can take 15 minutes each time you get in the car). The paint on my hood had to be buffed and polished due to it being "soft", the speedometer is inaccurate, and Hyundai refuses to act on many of the issues. I would not recommend this vehicle and am in the process of using the lemon law on mine.

Good 4 the Money
By GI 1982 on 02/09/10 14:47 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had a good time so far with this vehicle. I've had other sports cars (7), from RX7's to INTEGRA GSR. This car is great. I would like to take it to a good road and just push it to the max, but I'll probably busted. AZ is harsh on speeding, but I understand. I haggled the best I could for a decent price. A "Pretty Blue Boy", that's what I call it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in VA is:

$154 per month*