Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

What a great car, just not comfortable
By medoc

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I must have gotten a really well built one, because I never had any of the problems with the electrical system, transmission or windows coming off. I've had my car for three years, it was one of the first to hit Detroit in 2009. I did have the problem with the brake sensor not allowing the car to start, but that was replaced and haven't had a problem since.I love the way this car handles and its power, but I have to say that I can't drive more than 45 minutes without severe butt pain. That's why I'm moving on to the Genesis Sedan when my lease is up, and that's now.

Manumatic shift with paddles, power, handling

Comfortable seats, more sound supression, better quality interior finish (better plastics).

I would not buy this car again.
By connien

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love the style of this car as do many people. That said my particular car has computer/electrical issues. I have had to have the radio replaced twice, an amplifier replaced, the driver door button replaced twice, and the push button start had an occasional "interrupt" in the brake connect that kept the car from starting quite a few times. Now these may seem minor, but somehow the computer/electrical system is damaging components in the car! I'm very worried about what might be next. I have heard from another owner that his traction control siezed and caused him to have an accident. Hyundai replaced his car but the new one has issues too! Nothing worse than electrical issues.

Exterior style and road hugging in curves. Fun to drive. 2.0T has plenty of get up and go for me.

Hatchback with split seats like the Mitsubishi Eclipse would be great!! It wouldn't have to change the looks and would allow greater trunk access and storage. Make the seats comfortable in case you need to lie down. If you get sick and need to lie down in this car, forget it. The back seat is hard and has a huge middle hump. The front seats are so contoured and hard that you can't put them back and lie comfortably. Better gas mileage. But MOST important get the electrical/computer bugs worked out!!!

Trade in values for hyundai
By danpatt2

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I can see why Hyundai now has a trade in assurance program so you can get some value for ther cars. I bought a 2010 genesis 3.8 fully loaded with navagational for $30,000. They still sell 2011 and 2012 for around the same price. Bottom line, don't expect much for your trade. My 2010 was show room condition with only 5,250 miles when I traded it in, after fighting for about a hour, I recieved 21,000 for my trade in. This car performed well, great power, so so handing, was totally un-comfortable on the open roads. With all the commertials from Hyundai saying they where #1 in customer satisfaction, I would never buy anoyher Hyundai again. unfortunatley both my son's bought Hyundai, never ag

Sliding sun roof, powerful eng, nav, electric every thing; all the toy's they throw in for free to help them sell these cars, you will pay for them later!!!

Transmission skips all over the place in gears 1-3. Seat bealts are hard to reach and put on. The backs seats are worthless, totally un-confortable with no leg room. padles on the stearing wheel are worthless, if it's a sports car, it should come with a rear spoiler. both front seats should be electronicaly control, put on a rear wiper

FLYING OUT THE WINDOW..
By redlipstickon

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This car was my first brand new car I have owned and I had it for a year and one month. I have decided to trade it in. Within the first month the back tail light had a small hole and water was getting in, so I had that replaced, At about 10 months the driver window rotator burned out so my window would not go all the way up and I had to get that replaced. Lastly I was driving back from a road-trip when I hear the "helicopter noise" a car makes when a window is open. I look at my side mirror and see the small backseat window FLY OFF! It literally de glued and flew off the car in the middle of the highway! Clear as to why I am now trading it in. I really loved the car :( w/out all this.

The XM radio and bluetooth features came in so handy on long drives I loved them.

More leg room and sturdier method for the middle arm rest compartment. It was really flimsy and sometimes would open by itself.

Best car I've ever owned!
By rossk

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned nearly 30 cars, and the Genesis Coupe is by far my favorite. It's comfortable, fun to drive, reliable (no problems after 30,000 miles), and it looks great. Hyndai name or not, this is one of the best values for the money, and one of the best sports coupes - period - on the market today. It may not be the fastest 0-60, but it sure is quick, and it has amazing handling characteristics. If you are looking for a PURE sports car that is liveable & reliable, this is the car for you. I can't wait to drive this car every day!

Definitely the handling, and the value for the money. XM radio & bluetooth, plus iPod connectivity - all viewable through the info screen. I know many cars have these features, but it's a plus in a sports car like this, for not a ton of money. Also, I like the push-start ignition. No key required! This car also has great seats, very supportive for sporty driving, yet comfortable for long journeys. Back seat is actually LARGER than you would think. Anyone up to 5'5" should be just fine. There is also plenty of legroom. Lastly, this car looks great inside and out. I never get tired of it.

Not many. The info screen for music/ipod/bluetooth has a character limit. I wish it would show all text (without scrolling). performance is good with the turbo-4, but I know Hyundai has a more powerful turbo-4 in the Sonata...wouldn't mind that upgrade! The stereo is very good, but would sound stronger with a bit more sound insulation from the road. And the subwoofer is adequate, but can be boomy (could be tighter). Lastly, gas mileage is good for a turbo-4, but nowhere near the claimed 21/31 figure from Hyundai. I get 17/26 on premium.