Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

BEST CAR EVER!!!
By buffus1

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am a self-admitted car snob and if you had told me 5 years ago that I would buy a Hyundai, I would have laughed at you. I am also notorious for getting bored with my cars at about the 18 month mark. I have had my Genesis for 2 1/2 years and love it as much (quite possibly, even more!) as the day I bought it! It is amazingly nimble for a car it's size! It handles about like my 350-Z did stock
and the back end isn't twitchy like the American muscle cars tend to be. It's definitely quick and it's very comfortable. Best of all, it has been extremely reliable! Only con is that people stop me everywhere I go to look at it and ask me all about it and there are always noseprints on the windows!

Heated leather seats. The fact that I can plug a tiny flash drive into my center console and have all my music at hand without carrying around a huge folder of CDs or an iPOD. Hands-free Bluetooth.

Memory seats. Dual cabin temperature control. Telescoping steering wheel.

What a great car, just not comfortable
By medoc

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I must have gotten a really well built one, because I never had any of the problems with the electrical system, transmission or windows coming off. I've had my car for three years, it was one of the first to hit Detroit in 2009. I did have the problem with the brake sensor not allowing the car to start, but that was replaced and haven't had a problem since.I love the way this car handles and its power, but I have to say that I can't drive more than 45 minutes without severe butt pain. That's why I'm moving on to the Genesis Sedan when my lease is up, and that's now.

Manumatic shift with paddles, power, handling

Comfortable seats, more sound supression, better quality interior finish (better plastics).

I would not buy this car again.
By connien

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love the style of this car as do many people.
That said my particular car has computer/electrical issues.
I have had to have the radio replaced twice, an amplifier replaced, the driver door button replaced twice, and the push button start had an occasional "interrupt" in the brake connect that kept the car from starting quite a few times.
Now these may seem minor, but somehow the computer/electrical system is damaging components in the car!
I'm very worried about what might be next.
I have heard from another owner that his traction control siezed and caused him to have an accident.
Hyundai replaced his car but the new one has issues too!
Nothing worse than electrical issues.

Exterior style and road hugging in curves. Fun to drive. 2.0T has plenty of get up and go for me.

Hatchback with split seats like the Mitsubishi Eclipse would be great!! It wouldn't have to change the looks and would allow greater trunk access and storage. Make the seats comfortable in case you need to lie down. If you get sick and need to lie down in this car, forget it. The back seat is hard and has a huge middle hump. The front seats are so contoured and hard that you can't put them back and lie comfortably. Better gas mileage. But MOST important get the electrical/computer bugs worked out!!!

Trade in values for hyundai
By danpatt2

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I can see why Hyundai now has a trade in assurance program so you can get some value for ther cars. I bought a 2010 genesis 3.8 fully loaded with navagational for $30,000.
They still sell 2011 and 2012 for around the same price. Bottom line, don't expect much for your trade.
My 2010 was show room condition with only 5,250 miles when I traded it in, after fighting for about a hour, I recieved 21,000 for my trade in.
This car performed well, great power, so so handing, was totally un-comfortable on the open roads. With all the commertials from Hyundai saying they where #1 in customer satisfaction, I would never buy anoyher Hyundai again.
unfortunatley both my son's bought Hyundai, never ag

Sliding sun roof, powerful eng, nav, electric every thing; all the toy's they throw in for free to help them sell these cars, you will pay for them later!!!

Transmission skips all over the place in gears 1-3. Seat bealts are hard to reach and put on. The backs seats are worthless, totally un-confortable with no leg room. padles on the stearing wheel are worthless, if it's a sports car, it should come with a rear spoiler. both front seats should be electronicaly control, put on a rear wiper

FLYING OUT THE WINDOW..
By redlipstickon

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This car was my first brand new car I have owned and I had it for a year and one month. I have decided to trade it in. Within the first month the back tail light had a small hole and water was getting in, so I had that replaced, At about 10 months the driver window rotator burned out so my window would not go all the way up and I had to get that replaced. Lastly I was driving back from a road-trip when I hear the "helicopter noise" a car makes when a window is open. I look at my side mirror and see the small backseat window FLY OFF! It literally de glued and flew off the car in the middle of the highway! Clear as to why I am now trading it in. I really loved the car :( w/out all this.

The XM radio and bluetooth features came in so handy on long drives I loved them.

More leg room and sturdier method for the middle arm rest compartment. It was really flimsy and sometimes would open by itself.