2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
Honest Facts
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car and if you know what you are doing I have gotten as high as 35mpg on the expressway. There are some flaws with the trans, had mine replaced once with no questions asked. Car runs and handles great never a problem with getting me where I need to go. I am from Chicago so weather with the track pack. wheels is an issue. You will need winter wheels. I have over 25k miles on mine and is stil a blast. Many road trips and the comfort and ride is great. Always get a lot of attention in this car, thumbs up or questions at the gas station. Once they get this shifter figured out down the road I would give this a full 10/10.

Best Hyundai effort yet
By Agent Cook on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got this car in March after reading up about it. I owned 2 tiburons previous to this car, and I must say this is the best Hyundai I drove yet. The handling is great and the power from the Turbo is excellent. For the money, it cant be beat.

Cheap yet Expensive parts = Buyer aware
By Steve on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

First of all I want everyone to know I love this car. But to my surprise it is very, very expensive to fix this car if there are issues. The warranty is also useless. I went over a speed bump at an odd angle and apparently the Transmission Pan got cracked. IT IS PLASTIC. I had the car towed to the dealership and was thinking that this would be a pretty simple and cheap fix as it is just a pan and fluid replacement. Well guess what. IT cost $1238.00 to replace the cheapo plastic transmission pan. They tried to tell me the fluid costs $70.00 a quart to replace. I was infuriated and had to clean out my savings to pay this rip off bill. The warranty does not cover it of course...

2010 genesis cpe-wait for 2011
By cindy on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my car about three months. I had to take in shop for bluetooth microphone to be replaced. Now I have sputtering, dying, and one time the radio wouldn't even turn on. I love driving it. I maybe get 20 mpg in town. the handling is great, I customized mine and get lots of looks but notoriety is wearing off more with each problem.

Love it! Love it! Absolutely love it!
By LMM on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I own my Genesis for more than a year. Never regret of buying it. I love my Genesis more and more everyday! I didn't know driving can be so much fun before having my Genesis. Visibility is excellent, controls are easy to use, and the blue lighting in the panel looks very attractive. The backseats are little bit tight (very common in sports car, so not a surprise for me) with limited head space but plenty of leg rooms. My family has domestic, Japanese, and high end German cars. The Genesis Coupe is our first Korean car but it gets the most praises and compliments. Highly recommend the Genesis Coupe to anyone who wants a fun and attractive sports car.

Great car for the money
By Mladen on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Frist of all this is a great car. If you are going to buy it, make sure you shop around first, I got my Genesis Coupe for $18,500 + tax, title, processing fee. The turbo model is great, it's not super fast but it has enough power with great handling and great looks. I get about 420-450 miles per tank of gas, that is great for a sport car. The interior is beautiful, comfortable, and the whole cars looks great. No other car out there in this class can offer you the options, looks, and fun this that this car gives you. I have people stop and check out my car while it's parked, that says it all. I can't wait to go to work in the morning just so I can drive my Genesis, love this car.

Poor interior quality
By chuck on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The interior, door panels, arm rest, glove box door, leaves marks that can not be removed. The factory is looking in to this. It is a big factor and poor quality.

Very, very fun
By Nick on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I waited a while to review and after almost a year the car is wonderful. Chopped off the resonator for a bit more power and changed to a k&n intake, but other than that stock. Car is quick, not fast. Handling is superb. Very reliable, no issues. Can't wait to take it to a track day and see what it can do in a safe environment. Great for 2 people but back seat is only for storage. Paddle shifters are in the wrong place though, should be mounted on to the column instead of the steering wheel making it clumsy. Use the sequential gearbox instead. This is a great car until I go get a vette or a jag s-type. You won't think it is a Hyundai.

My Favorite Car Ever!
By Lisa Hays on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am so pleased with my Hyundai! The performance is outstanding and I constantly get compliments about how great the car looks. And of course, you can't beat Hyundai's warranty. Great car!

Spiffy
By ABQTones on 08/30/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Love it! It's not perfect, BUT great torque and pick-up. Accelerates very quickly. With respect to driving experience, the only thing I've noticed is that it can sometimes be a little slow to respond when coming out of a dead stop. It's like it takes an extra second or two before it realizes it needs to go and once that happens the car moves very quickly. Wish it were a little more responsive. Looks great, VERY sexy. I've gotten compliments from co-workers and friends! (very cynical people)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in VA is:

$154 per month*