Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

hyundai surprise
By wesxpress

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I along with many others were shocked by this car. My wife and I drove 11 different vehicles from crossover suvs to sport cars before falling in love with this car. We both love the brown leather interior and as soon as u hit the gas its a hit. I cant say enough about how this car smokes the american made sport cars. Unless you bleed american muscle do yourself a favor and drive this car. Especially when dealers are charging 5k over sticker on those models. We had no intentions of buying a HYUNDAI. This is an amazing car.

The nav is very easy to use and the interior is about total driver comfort.

only one, telescoping steering wheel.

Great Car but with a few downsides
By Eugene

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased my car in November 2009 and I can say that Hyundai makes great cars. But the main problems I have is that it has a bad rattling noise from the sunroof. I took my car to the dealership but they said they cannot hear the rattling. They said that the rain might have lubricated the sunroof and to bring the car in when it is not raining. Also, the transmission does not down shift smoothly. Other than that, I think the car is great and the styling is awesome. I get compliments from people all the time. The car feels like its worth $40,000 but I only paid $27,000 with a navigation. Unbelievable deal. To me, it looks better than the Infiniti G37.

Unique styling; Navigation system with bluetooth; Adequate power for size of car; driver and passenger side is roomy; nice quality sound system; a luxury car without the luxury price; I feel like I upgraded from a BMW (X5 and 325i) to a Hyundai (never thought that was possible)

Better quality transmission (I know it has a turbo and a sporty feel but I would like a smoother transmission); Gas mileage could be better; Hyundai needs to lubricate and tighten screws and bolts before sending off customers with a brand new car

The creaky Coupe
By Stinky

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is a follow-up to my previous submission. This model is in its infancy. I cannot speak for others, but mine is seriously lacking in structural rigidity. The Sun roof creaks at low speeds and on uneven pavement. It has noticeable flexion about its long axis. At speed on very smooth pavement it is fine. The front suspension doesn't match the rear at speed when pitching it around...it doesn't have the feeling of being engaged regardless of input. It has a rather squirmy feel to it on uneven pavement. The engine is in serious need of mid range torque and the gear ratios need to be rethought entirely. Not a bad boulevard cruiser as long as the pavement doesn't challenge it's structure.

Exterior and interior styling are still good.

Change the transmission and final drive ratios that allow its extant horsepower to be used more effectively. The structural rigidity isn't consistent with a true sports car. Definitely, ditch the rear seats in favor of a more functional hatch. Lag time on the paddle shifters is excessive.

Dropped a Jag for a Hyundaiot
By GenCoupeLover

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Until I test drove this car, I couldn't imagine buying a Hyundai. But as soon as I got behind the wheel, I fell in love. Being Hyundai's first rear-wheel drive car, their first real sports car (Scoupe/Tiburon don't count), I expected a lot less. The turbo gives the car a "peppy" feel you don't get with the V6. The exterior styling is unique and almost exotic. You could probably slap an Aston, Infiniti, or Lotus badge on it and it wouldn't look out of place. Road trips are a blast -- it's quieter than my Jaguar X-Type, and it handles like an M3. This is by far my favorite car I've ever had.

The seats and dash -- seats are cloth but they're not cheap looking, or uncomfortable, and they hug you around fast turns, and the dash and overall design feels like a cockpit. Exterior styling -- very beautiful and rather unique. Doesn't look like a Hyundai at all. Enginge/turbo -- very peppy

The clutch spring is really tight, making feathering the clutch difficult when starting from a stop. The ECU also causes the engine to hang at higher RPMs, so if you shift fast (1->2, 2->3, 3->4), the synchros will take a lot of wear and tear. Also a telescoping steering wheel would be nice.

LOVE my Diamond Blue Genesis Coupe!
By BEN44

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I always look forward to pressing the automatic start button and driving this WONDERFUL CAR of mine! The way she handles the road is simply phenomenal... even if it's just maneuvering through a grocery store parking lot! My acquqa minerals blue beauty actually makes the drive to work every morning a stimulating experience!

The push button starter and being able to keep the keys in my pocket while I unlock her with just one press of a little button are a great convenience! But the BEST thing is the way this car handles like a hot knife through butter...whoa...the feel of the wheel is my hands is fantastic!

Normal acceleration is pretty good but there are times that this turbo should have much better acceleration. I think I should have opted for the V6. The gas mileage should be better. I also feel that there should be a coin holder and small storage compartments like in a Sonata. Otherwise, GREAT CAR.