2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:
My Butt Hurts
By bgenesis on 04/25/14 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Comfort is lacking. This is my only main complaint. I had to keep changing my butt cheeks after 4hrs. Horrible side support are like rocks.Gas mileage is next. The best I could do was 28 full highway. When a V6 Accord or Camry can provide better performance in a straight line and achieve above 32 mpgs.....hmmmm. Not a very efficient motor from the Mitsu Evo group. Should have bought a v6 accord coupe. Thought it was quick until a Mini Cooper S was coming up on me at full throttle. Now it is just a daily commuting vehicle.

Good car
By wthornton on 03/06/14 08:58 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Better than the Tiburon only problems pin holes in tran cooler other wise no problems ,fun to drive plan on keeping it. Grew up driving mopar muscle , then supras and now this.

genesis 2.0 had for two years
By cindyropp on 10/10/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car new 2010. I love it, it gets lots of lookes, excellent handling, excellent braking, fun to drive....only minimal repairs. good sound system. Tranmission (manual) no the greatest, seatbelt position is horrible for short people. Back seat folds down but you only get about 20-24 inches of go through space because of design. Gas mileage disappointment for 2.0 4 cyl...21 in city, 24 highway

BEST CAR EVER!!!
By buffus1 on 09/17/12 01:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am a self-admitted car snob and if you had told me 5 years ago that I would buy a Hyundai, I would have laughed at you. I am also notorious for getting bored with my cars at about the 18 month mark. I have had my Genesis for 2 1/2 years and love it as much (quite possibly, even more!) as the day I bought it! It is amazingly nimble for a car it's size! It handles about like my 350-Z did stock and the back end isn't twitchy like the American muscle cars tend to be. It's definitely quick and it's very comfortable. Best of all, it has been extremely reliable! Only con is that people stop me everywhere I go to look at it and ask me all about it and there are always noseprints on the windows!

What a great car, just not comfortable
By medoc on 04/18/12 19:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I must have gotten a really well built one, because I never had any of the problems with the electrical system, transmission or windows coming off. I've had my car for three years, it was one of the first to hit Detroit in 2009. I did have the problem with the brake sensor not allowing the car to start, but that was replaced and haven't had a problem since.I love the way this car handles and its power, but I have to say that I can't drive more than 45 minutes without severe butt pain. That's why I'm moving on to the Genesis Sedan when my lease is up, and that's now.

I would not buy this car again.
By connien on 01/06/12 23:21 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love the style of this car as do many people. That said my particular car has computer/electrical issues. I have had to have the radio replaced twice, an amplifier replaced, the driver door button replaced twice, and the push button start had an occasional "interrupt" in the brake connect that kept the car from starting quite a few times. Now these may seem minor, but somehow the computer/electrical system is damaging components in the car! I'm very worried about what might be next. I have heard from another owner that his traction control siezed and caused him to have an accident. Hyundai replaced his car but the new one has issues too! Nothing worse than electrical issues.

Trade in values for hyundai
By danpatt2 on 11/17/11 21:03 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I can see why Hyundai now has a trade in assurance program so you can get some value for ther cars. I bought a 2010 genesis 3.8 fully loaded with navagational for $30,000. They still sell 2011 and 2012 for around the same price. Bottom line, don't expect much for your trade. My 2010 was show room condition with only 5,250 miles when I traded it in, after fighting for about a hour, I recieved 21,000 for my trade in. This car performed well, great power, so so handing, was totally un-comfortable on the open roads. With all the commertials from Hyundai saying they where #1 in customer satisfaction, I would never buy anoyher Hyundai again. unfortunatley both my son's bought Hyundai, never ag

FLYING OUT THE WINDOW..
By redlipstickon on 09/07/11 13:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This car was my first brand new car I have owned and I had it for a year and one month. I have decided to trade it in. Within the first month the back tail light had a small hole and water was getting in, so I had that replaced, At about 10 months the driver window rotator burned out so my window would not go all the way up and I had to get that replaced. Lastly I was driving back from a road-trip when I hear the "helicopter noise" a car makes when a window is open. I look at my side mirror and see the small backseat window FLY OFF! It literally de glued and flew off the car in the middle of the highway! Clear as to why I am now trading it in. I really loved the car :( w/out all this.

Best car I've ever owned!
By rossk on 05/11/11 08:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned nearly 30 cars, and the Genesis Coupe is by far my favorite. It's comfortable, fun to drive, reliable (no problems after 30,000 miles), and it looks great. Hyndai name or not, this is one of the best values for the money, and one of the best sports coupes - period - on the market today. It may not be the fastest 0-60, but it sure is quick, and it has amazing handling characteristics. If you are looking for a PURE sports car that is liveable & reliable, this is the car for you. I can't wait to drive this car every day!

Genesis coupe buyers BEWARE
By jorgep on 01/17/11 23:44 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got car brand new with 30 miles in odometer, @ 1500 miles dealer replaced tranny under warranty because of grinding gears on 2nd and 3rd gear, after several trips to the dealer tranny still grinds, tried to talked to consumer affairs and so far no responce, do your research before buying this car, this is not an isolated problem many customers complaining with the SAME issue and Hyundai so far have not find a fix for the problem. This is from the 2010 brochure: Triple-cone synchronizers on first through third gears help ensure smooth and durable shifting, whether youÂ’re headed up or down through the gears." Smooth??? No way it is smooth, my 2001 honda civic sounds better than this car, durable??? my tranny lasted only 1500 miles. This is just for them to sell you the car, then once you get it they will ingnore you

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in VA is:

$154 per month*