Used 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

View reviews for a specific Genesis Coupe model:

My Butt Hurts
By bgenesis

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Comfort is lacking. This is my only main complaint. I had to keep changing my butt cheeks after 4hrs. Horrible side support are like rocks.Gas mileage is next. The best I could do was 28 full highway. When a V6 Accord or Camry can provide better performance in a straight line and achieve above 32 mpgs.....hmmmm. Not a very efficient motor from the Mitsu Evo group. Should have bought a v6 accord coupe. Thought it was quick until a Mini Cooper S was coming up on me at full throttle. Now it is just a daily commuting vehicle.

Favorite Features

handling, interrior, build quality

Suggested Improvements

mpgs in the 30's, Seats really stink for comfort.

Good car
By wthornton

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Better than the Tiburon only problems pin holes in tran cooler other wise no problems ,fun to drive plan on keeping it. Grew up driving mopar muscle , then supras and now this.

Favorite Features

handling and performance , surprising for a 4 cylinder

Suggested Improvements

Move Transmission cooler to less vulnerable location in front and left of radiator is to easily damaged by small gravel on the roads

genesis 2.0 had for two years
By cindyropp

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car new 2010. I love it, it gets lots of lookes, excellent handling, excellent braking, fun to drive....only minimal repairs. good sound system. Tranmission (manual) no the greatest, seatbelt position is horrible for short people. Back seat folds down but you only get about 20-24 inches of go through space because of design. Gas mileage disappointment for 2.0 4 cyl...21 in city, 24 highway

Favorite Features

handling and breaking, sound system, looks!

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt positioning....something to hook it to seat so it moves with the seat and not stays 6 inches back on door frame! better shifting from first to second. Make bigger opening for use when opening trunk and folding down back seat. dont plan on havin ganyone over 5'6" in your back seat. better gas mileage

BEST CAR EVER!!!
By buffus1

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am a self-admitted car snob and if you had told me 5 years ago that I would buy a Hyundai, I would have laughed at you. I am also notorious for getting bored with my cars at about the 18 month mark. I have had my Genesis for 2 1/2 years and love it as much (quite possibly, even more!) as the day I bought it! It is amazingly nimble for a car it's size! It handles about like my 350-Z did stock and the back end isn't twitchy like the American muscle cars tend to be. It's definitely quick and it's very comfortable. Best of all, it has been extremely reliable! Only con is that people stop me everywhere I go to look at it and ask me all about it and there are always noseprints on the windows!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats. The fact that I can plug a tiny flash drive into my center console and have all my music at hand without carrying around a huge folder of CDs or an iPOD. Hands-free Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats. Dual cabin temperature control. Telescoping steering wheel.

What a great car, just not comfortable
By medoc

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I must have gotten a really well built one, because I never had any of the problems with the electrical system, transmission or windows coming off. I've had my car for three years, it was one of the first to hit Detroit in 2009. I did have the problem with the brake sensor not allowing the car to start, but that was replaced and haven't had a problem since.I love the way this car handles and its power, but I have to say that I can't drive more than 45 minutes without severe butt pain. That's why I'm moving on to the Genesis Sedan when my lease is up, and that's now.

Favorite Features

Manumatic shift with paddles, power, handling

Suggested Improvements

Comfortable seats, more sound supression, better quality interior finish (better plastics).