1994 Hyundai Excel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excel model:
Good Car
By Ben on 09/16/09 21:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Excel 2dr Hatchback

If you are in a city, and all you need is to get from point a, to point b, this is definitely a good choice in a car. I use it daily to get to and from school, and I've had no problems. (Ok, A few small problems, nothing major though) There are a few things that could be better (Air unit, Cup Holder), but really this is a great car. I hope to keep it until it stops working!

more than 200,000 km still running
By Ruben Pascua on 09/08/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Excel GL 4dr Sedan

Man, if you want medium sized sedan this is it. You will never lose if you own one. Gas efficiency? mine runs 18 km/liter of gas.

My Baby
By Honey on 03/27/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Excel GL 4dr Sedan

Its a pleasure driving this vehicle,never experience trouble of any sort. Its very economical on gas and other fuel.

I miss this car!
By Jannes on 07/11/07 08:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Excel 2dr Hatchback

I lost it in a fire & I miss it badly. At first I wasn't big on its looks, but I quickly fell in love with it. I did have to do 1 major repair when I replaced the fuel pump. However, as that got the car to reach over 40 mpg I didn't mind! I grew to like not having power steering which at first was a big adjustment. But what amazed me the most was how much stuff I hauled - this car redefines "scrappy" as I moved big recliners, utility tables, garden supplies... you name it, and still got amazing gas mileage. It's the only car where I've been stopped by admirers. One couple said they put over 350K miles on theirs! Excellent car if you're not out for sheer power as it's not the fastest around.

My Favourite Car!
By BryLovesMusic on 03/26/07 12:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Excel 2dr Hatchback

This car is amazing. My parents bought it for me when I was in high school (2006), it only had 94k on it. My mom wishes she had it because of the fuel economy! My only problem is that the timing belt needs to be replaced, and she sometimes stalls if I turn it off and on repetitively. IE: going somewhere for 5 minutes; getting gas, etc., and she has a little bit of rust on her.

Little Red Car
By CPants on 06/08/05 20:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Excel 2dr Hatchback

THIS IS A GREAT CAR!!! Very dependable (starts right up, even in the winter); small car + manual transmission = fun to drive; gas bill is cheap; replacing tires is cheap; always passes emissions; hatchback provides a surprisingly large amount of storage space (a necessity for my college days!); change the oil every 3K miles and she might go forever!

Hyundai Excell my opinion
By graycrown on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Hyundai Excel GS 2dr Hatchback

I have had excellent service out of this car. Mostly town driving, to work, to church and home.

Test Drive This Car!
By bxlang on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Hyundai Excel GL 4dr Sedan

Wow!!! I never thought this Hyundai would perform as it has. I purchased my 4-Dr. Sedan GL in '97 when it had 41K miles. It now has 162K and still running strong. It has been reliable and economical. No breakdowns or mechanical failures. If you have a chance to purchase one of these little gems...you won't be disappointed. Cons: Annoying smoking just after starting, catalytic converter smells when engine is really taxed, strong winds really blow you around, the tranny jerks sometimes when shifting (Auto.), and the Market Value does not do this car justice...unless you're on the buying end!!!!

Great car
By Excel GS on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Hyundai Excel GS 2dr Hatchback

This car has served me very well. Only problem is the cost of replacment parts. But new parts a hardly ever needed because the car is so reliable.

Point A to Point B
By HyundaiGuy on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Hyundai Excel GS 2dr Hatchback

My Mom bought this car when it was already a few years old. I have since inherited it. For as long as I have owned it I have never had it in the shop for more than normal maintenance. That being said, I enjoy driving. If you enjoy driving, this is not the car for you. If you just need a reliable vehicle to get where you're going, you're in the right spot. The suspension is a little suspect. The lack of power steering can also get a little annoying. But I haved lived in Boston for years now and this car is very convenient for that type of driving. It's small, just zippy enough, and you don't need to make many visits to the gas station.