Used 1994 Hyundai Excel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Hyundai Excel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excel model:

Good Car
By Ben

1994 Hyundai Excel 2dr Hatchback

If you are in a city, and all you need is to get from point a, to point b, this is definitely a good choice in a car. I use it daily to get to and from school, and I've had no problems. (Ok, A few small problems, nothing major though) There are a few things that could be better (Air unit, Cup Holder), but really this is a great car. I hope to keep it until it stops working!

Mileage, Design of the vehicle, Good Pickup, Large trunk/boot,

The cup holder. (Worst Position, and does not fit a lot of drinks), Suspension could be better, The air unit could also be better.

more than 200,000 km still running
By Ruben Pascua

1994 Hyundai Excel GL 4dr Sedan

Man, if you want medium sized sedan this is it. You will never lose if you own one. Gas efficiency? mine runs 18 km/liter of gas.

gas mileage, easy to maneuver, though not power steering. reliable and has the power.

Bring back this model in the market. Add more power, power steer, power mirror and power back Windows.

My Baby
By Honey

1994 Hyundai Excel GL 4dr Sedan

Its a pleasure driving this vehicle,never experience trouble of any sort. Its very economical on gas and other fuel.

I miss this car!
By Jannes

1994 Hyundai Excel 2dr Hatchback

I lost it in a fire & I miss it badly. At first I wasn't big on its looks, but I quickly fell in love with it. I did have to do 1 major repair when I replaced the fuel pump. However, as that got the car to reach over 40 mpg I didn't mind! I grew to like not having power steering which at first was a big adjustment. But what amazed me the most was how much stuff I hauled - this car redefines "scrappy" as I moved big recliners, utility tables, garden supplies... you name it, and still got amazing gas mileage. It's the only car where I've been stopped by admirers. One couple said they put over 350K miles on theirs! Excellent car if you're not out for sheer power as it's not the fastest around.

Gas mileage, manual steering, turn radius, hauling capacity, pure spunk of the little car.

Wish the body had a little more flair - not the sportiest looking car; also, had trouble with the seals around the doors. But no major complaints at all.

My Favourite Car!
By BryLovesMusic

1994 Hyundai Excel 2dr Hatchback

This car is amazing. My parents bought it for me when I was in high school (2006), it only had 94k on it. My mom wishes she had it because of the fuel economy! My only problem is that the timing belt needs to be replaced, and she sometimes stalls if I turn it off and on repetitively. IE: going somewhere for 5 minutes; getting gas, etc., and she has a little bit of rust on her.

Great on gas, little but spacious, surprising pick up for such a little car.

I don't like the way the passenger & driver seats awkwardly go straight up after pushing them back when someone goes in the back seat, and the speaker system is kind of weak.