Best Bang for your buck
By klassickruiser on
2014 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)
I bought the 2014 Equus Signature, black with tan interior, just a great car. I shopped the Mercedes S550, BMW 750 and the Lexus 460 before making my decision on this purchase. Realistically there is no comparison, this car rocks the competition. The interior of the Equus is awesome, the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the controls are nicely positioned and the stereo is tremendous. The interior amenities are as they should be in a car of this class. The fit and finish is comparable to the cars costing $40K more. The performance is similar to both the S550 and the BMW 750 in acceleration, the ride is more closely related to the S550. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car
Favorite Features
The Lexicon stereo is amazing, the seats are extremely comfortable. The acceleration is great for car of this size.
Suggested Improvements
The analog clock is great looking, but I would have included a digital as well. The gas mileage could be improved, I have 900 miles on the car and averaging 20.5 mpg combined.
By plf43
on 04/17/14 13:21 PM (PDT)

I too bought a 2014 Hyundai Equus Signature. The car is outstanding when you consider the price point. The Germans can't nor will not offer anything near this car's overall greatness for the money. The detractors from auto mag. are not treating this car fairly. If you forget the label on the truck or hood, what car in America offer so much refinement, build quality an value for the dollar. The answer is none. Cars with this kind of performance and quality can cost tens of thousands of dollars more. Remember, this model has only been in production for several years and it is comparable to Lexus or any of the high priced cars on the market. I would recommend this car to anyone that can let go of their ego and make a comparison. Does you luxury car maker pick you car up for service and gives you a loaner for free, or sends you emails about the status of the car's performance each month. I think the intelligent conservative buyer will truly appreciate this car. It rocks the competition without the outrageous sticker price.

By klassickruiser
on 05/15/14 11:44 AM (PDT)

Totally agree. After 3 months and 3800 miles, I still believe this is a great car, bar none, except maybe a Bentley. I am averaging about 26 mpg on the highway and combined 20 mpg. I amount of compliments I am getting is remarkable, it happens daily.