2014 Hyundai Equus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Equus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:

it's just a car
By marc49

2014 Hyundai Equus Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After looking and wondering why any one would spend 80,000 to 120,000 on a German or Japanese luxury car I have come to the conclusion the world is full of idiots. My 2014 equus is so close in all categories that the thought of spending big bucks on the German or Japanese luxury cars makes me laugh. They are all just cars and nothing more . I drove them all then looked at the window sticker and just laughed. The only one that made sense was the equus.

heads up display, saftey features and price

to minor to mention.

I have been SCAMMED by Germans !!!
By htcrack

2014 Hyundai Equus Sedan Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After owning 14 Equus about 10month, I feel like I havebeen scammed by Germans more than 15years.

Microwave, cooler, toilet.

Some poor engineering ,quality issues, terrible buying experience
By carbuyer1929

2014 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

If you have owned a Lexus, I don't think you'll be satisfied with the Equus. I am at 4 months of ownership, 2800 miles, and there are quite a few paint chips on the rocker panels due to stepping in and out of the car. It's obviously not just me, because they are on both sides. Lexus has a metal plate where Equus has a piece of painted plastic. That's an engineering flaw in my book. I'm being told this isn't warrantable because it was caused by the user. I also have a small tear on the leather on the drivers's side door. i don't have the space to discuss the buying "experience" but it's not one I will repeat...with bait and switch by 1 dealer and addition of BS charges by another.

The car drives just fine, but it's a little early to say if it will hold up like the 12 year old and 6 year old Lexus' I have-- that never has a rocker panel chip or torn leather , because Lexus used higher quality materials.

The entire buying "experience" is horrible. If you negotiate a price on the phone, arrive to pick up your car, and are "bait-and-switched' to a demonstrator, well that's not something that happens at luxury dealerships. I called around, negotiated a different deal, and when the paperwork arrived, another $1300 in charges had been added for "etching" so "the LA Sheriff's department can locate your car" if stolen. I finally got the price I negotiated, but I should have recognized that Hyundai has a very long way to go if they want to sell a luxury car. I won't repeat the mistake I made buying the car and my time is valuable.

Best Bang for your buck
By klassickruiser

2014 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I bought the 2014 Equus Signature, black with tan interior, just a great car. I shopped the Mercedes S550, BMW 750 and the Lexus 460 before making my decision on this purchase. Realistically there is no comparison, this car rocks the competition. The interior of the Equus is awesome, the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the controls are nicely positioned and the stereo is tremendous. The interior amenities are as they should be in a car of this class. The fit and finish is comparable to the cars costing $40K more. The performance is similar to both the S550 and the BMW 750 in acceleration, the ride is more closely related to the S550. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car

The Lexicon stereo is amazing, the seats are extremely comfortable. The acceleration is great for car of this size.

The analog clock is great looking, but I would have included a digital as well. The gas mileage could be improved, I have 900 miles on the car and averaging 20.5 mpg combined.