2014 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

2014 Hyundai Equus - Consumer Reviews

2014 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

View reviews for a specific Equus model:
it's just a car
By marc49 on 11/05/14 19:00 PM (PST)

2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After looking and wondering why any one would spend 80,000 to 120,000 on a German or Japanese luxury car I have come to the conclusion the world is full of idiots. My 2014 equus is so close in all categories that the thought of spending big bucks on the German or Japanese luxury cars makes me laugh. They are all just cars and nothing more . I drove them all then looked at the window sticker and just laughed. The only one that made sense was the equus.

I have been SCAMMED by Germans !!!
By htcrack on 09/09/14 19:53 PM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

After owning 14 Equus about 10month, I feel like I havebeen scammed by Germans more than 15years.

Some poor engineering ,quality issues, terrible buying experience
By carbuyer1929 on 08/13/14 15:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

If you have owned a Lexus, I don't think you'll be satisfied with the Equus. I am at 4 months of ownership, 2800 miles, and there are quite a few paint chips on the rocker panels due to stepping in and out of the car. It's obviously not just me, because they are on both sides. Lexus has a metal plate where Equus has a piece of painted plastic. That's an engineering flaw in my book. I'm being told this isn't warrantable because it was caused by the user. I also have a small tear on the leather on the drivers's side door. i don't have the space to discuss the buying "experience" but it's not one I will repeat...with bait and switch by 1 dealer and addition of BS charges by another.

Best Bang for your buck
By klassickruiser on 03/17/14 11:51 AM (PDT)

2014 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I bought the 2014 Equus Signature, black with tan interior, just a great car. I shopped the Mercedes S550, BMW 750 and the Lexus 460 before making my decision on this purchase. Realistically there is no comparison, this car rocks the competition. The interior of the Equus is awesome, the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the controls are nicely positioned and the stereo is tremendous. The interior amenities are as they should be in a car of this class. The fit and finish is comparable to the cars costing $40K more. The performance is similar to both the S550 and the BMW 750 in acceleration, the ride is more closely related to the S550. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car