2013 Hyundai Equus Consumer Review: Its Not A Lexus But It Doesn't

2013 Hyundai Equus - Consumer Review

Signature Sedan (5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic)

Its Not A Lexus But It Doesn't Charge to Be One
By royals on

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Only complaints I ever really had about this vehicle are:
(1) Its got to be one of the most worthless navigation systems I have ever seen I used a $ 115.00 Garmin most of the time in my otherwise luxury sedan and (2) gas mileage is horrendous as compared to the competitors.
Ultimately I ditched the vehicle for the two reasons above.
I am a realtor and I need a good navigation system and gas mileage that beats what this car offers.
I opted for a Land Rover HSE.
I figured if I was going to get poor gas mileage I would at least get a vehicle that is fun to drive.
A limousine type vehicle will never be a fun drive.

I liked that it looked and felt similar to a Lexus at about $20-25,000 less. I was never impressed with Lexus anyway so why pay more. People did not know what it was and I was asked a lot about what is the car. I liked that a lot. I had the back logo replaced with the Equus logo and no one knew Hyundai. Very comfortable and plush enough for me as compared to the Audi 6 which would be comparable in price.

Get a decent navigation system (check with the Japanese and/or Chrysler which is the best American system in autos). Get better gas mileage. Start a brand of its own to attract the luxury buyer something similar to Nissan and Infiniti and Toyota and Lexus. When I went to trade the car with 12,000 miles it was horrible to get rid of because they can't seem to attract enough buyers to the model so devalued really quick. Fix it and I will be back.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review