Equus - Beware of unfulfilled promises!!!!!
By equusowner on
2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)
I looked at several cars prior to my purchase of an Equus. The dealers kept telling me how reliable the Equus was and emphasized their "valet service". Overall I have been happy with the performance of the car. As summer wore on I noticed that the interior of the car would get to 82 degrees on a hot summer day with the a/c at maximum settings. I contacted Equus and they set up an appointment with Alexandria Hyundai. As a part of their valet service they are supposed to pick up the car at my location and deliver a "luxury" loaner car, either an Equus or Genesis. Alexandria Hyundai has cancelled 3 times because they have only "1 luxury loaner car". When I commented that this was the third time that this had happened I was told that it was because the person that had the loaner car out was not satisfied with his service so they were still working on his car!!!!!! What a joke. I again contacted Equus customer assistance and they schedule an appointment with Fairfax Hyundai. Once again they were to provide a Genesis as a replacement car. They showed up an hour late and brought with them a Hyundai Sonata. If Equus and wants to play with the big boys (Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Infiniti) they should put up or shut up. We were considering purchasing a Genesis as our second car but based upon the unkept promises of Equus I guess we won't be spending any more of our money on a Hyundai. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra bucks and get a car that has some support behind it - not just a lot of hot air.
Favorite Features
Rides comfortably, performs well.
Suggested Improvements
Hyundai Equus support is poor at best. The "Valet Service" is a fraud. Once you have purchased this vehicle consider yourself on your own.
By equusowner1
on 02/15/13 11:39 AM (PST)

Awesome car!