2013 Hyundai Equus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:
Its Not A Lexus But It Doesn't Charge to Be One
By royals on 12/11/13 16:33 PM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Only complaints I ever really had about this vehicle are: (1) Its got to be one of the most worthless navigation systems I have ever seen I used a $ 115.00 Garmin most of the time in my otherwise luxury sedan and (2) gas mileage is horrendous as compared to the competitors. Ultimately I ditched the vehicle for the two reasons above. I am a realtor and I need a good navigation system and gas mileage that beats what this car offers. I opted for a Land Rover HSE. I figured if I was going to get poor gas mileage I would at least get a vehicle that is fun to drive. A limousine type vehicle will never be a fun drive.

Best Value
By bucfan09 on 05/31/13 18:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Had the car about 6 weeks and 1200 miles. By far the best luxury value on the market. No, It does not handle like a sports car...it's a luxury car! I for one want it to ride like a luxury car. If I wanted a sports car, that's what I would have bought. So far we love it!

2013 Equus Review
By equusowner1 on 02/15/13 10:46 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2013 Equus in December of 2012. The car have lived up to all of my expectations. I looked at BMW, Mercedes, and Audi and non of them could come close to the features of the Equus for the price. I could of spent $40,000 or $50,000 more for one of their cars with similar features. One of the biggest difference in the Equus vs. the other manufactures is the engine! Try to buy a german manufacture car with 429 Hp. You better bring your check book! I changed the logo on the trunk and no one knows what it is. The car gets a ton of looks and compliments. Save yourself a fortune and get this car, you won't be disappointing.

Equus - Beware of unfulfilled promises!!!!!
By equusowner on 08/13/12 12:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Equus Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I looked at several cars prior to my purchase of an Equus. The dealers kept telling me how reliable the Equus was and emphasized their "valet service". Overall I have been happy with the performance of the car. As summer wore on I noticed that the interior of the car would get to 82 degrees on a hot summer day with the a/c at maximum settings. I contacted Equus and they set up an appointment with Alexandria Hyundai. As a part of their valet service they are supposed to pick up the car at my location and deliver a "luxury" loaner car, either an Equus or Genesis. Alexandria Hyundai has cancelled 3 times because they have only "1 luxury loaner car". When I commented that this was the third time that this had happened I was told that it was because the person that had the loaner car out was not satisfied with his service so they were still working on his car!!!!!! What a joke. I again contacted Equus customer assistance and they schedule an appointment with Fairfax Hyundai. Once again they were to provide a Genesis as a replacement car. They showed up an hour late and brought with them a Hyundai Sonata. If Equus and wants to play with the big boys (Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Infiniti) they should put up or shut up. We were considering purchasing a Genesis as our second car but based upon the unkept promises of Equus I guess we won't be spending any more of our money on a Hyundai. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra bucks and get a car that has some support behind it - not just a lot of hot air.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Equus Sedan in VA is:

$199 per month*