Used 2013 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Equus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equus model:

Its Not A Lexus But It Doesn't Charge to Be One
By royals

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Only complaints I ever really had about this vehicle are: (1) Its got to be one of the most worthless navigation systems I have ever seen I used a $ 115.00 Garmin most of the time in my otherwise luxury sedan and (2) gas mileage is horrendous as compared to the competitors. Ultimately I ditched the vehicle for the two reasons above. I am a realtor and I need a good navigation system and gas mileage that beats what this car offers. I opted for a Land Rover HSE. I figured if I was going to get poor gas mileage I would at least get a vehicle that is fun to drive. A limousine type vehicle will never be a fun drive.

I liked that it looked and felt similar to a Lexus at about $20-25,000 less. I was never impressed with Lexus anyway so why pay more. People did not know what it was and I was asked a lot about what is the car. I liked that a lot. I had the back logo replaced with the Equus logo and no one knew Hyundai. Very comfortable and plush enough for me as compared to the Audi 6 which would be comparable in price.

Get a decent navigation system (check with the Japanese and/or Chrysler which is the best American system in autos). Get better gas mileage. Start a brand of its own to attract the luxury buyer something similar to Nissan and Infiniti and Toyota and Lexus. When I went to trade the car with 12,000 miles it was horrible to get rid of because they can't seem to attract enough buyers to the model so devalued really quick. Fix it and I will be back.

Best Value
By bucfan09

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Had the car about 6 weeks and 1200 miles. By far the best luxury value on the market. No, It does not handle like a sports car...it's a luxury car! I for one want it to ride like a luxury car. If I wanted a sports car, that's what I would have bought. So far we love it!

Smart cruise, smooth and soft ride. Quiet interior. Pearl White is beautiful.

Better fuel economy, Name recognition if it matters:

2013 Equus Review
By equusowner1

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2013 Equus in December of 2012. The car have lived up to all of my expectations. I looked at BMW, Mercedes, and Audi and non of them could come close to the features of the Equus for the price. I could of spent $40,000 or $50,000 more for one of their cars with similar features. One of the biggest difference in the Equus vs. the other manufactures is the engine! Try to buy a german manufacture car with 429 Hp. You better bring your check book! I changed the logo on the trunk and no one knows what it is. The car gets a ton of looks and compliments. Save yourself a fortune and get this car, you won't be disappointing.

Engine-429 HP Don't really need to say more! The ride. Smooth and quiet Stereo-Awesome! Blows all the competition away Intelligent cruise Hyundai treated me right the whole way through the sales process. Better than my previous Lexus dealer.

Bluetooth radio. Has phone Bluetooth Little larger cup holder Wish it had a Headsup display and all wheel drive. The seats are good but, I kind of like a stiffer seat. The upgraded BMW seats are very nice but I guess can't really complain to much since those are a $2,000 upgrade.

Equus - Beware of unfulfilled promises!!!!!
By equusowner

2013 Hyundai Equus Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I looked at several cars prior to my purchase of an Equus. The dealers kept telling me how reliable the Equus was and emphasized their "valet service". Overall I have been happy with the performance of the car. As summer wore on I noticed that the interior of the car would get to 82 degrees on a hot summer day with the a/c at maximum settings. I contacted Equus and they set up an appointment with Alexandria Hyundai. As a part of their valet service they are supposed to pick up the car at my location and deliver a "luxury" loaner car, either an Equus or Genesis. Alexandria Hyundai has cancelled 3 times because they have only "1 luxury loaner car". When I commented that this was the third time that this had happened I was told that it was because the person that had the loaner car out was not satisfied with his service so they were still working on his car!!!!!! What a joke. I again contacted Equus customer assistance and they schedule an appointment with Fairfax Hyundai. Once again they were to provide a Genesis as a replacement car. They showed up an hour late and brought with them a Hyundai Sonata. If Equus and wants to play with the big boys (Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Infiniti) they should put up or shut up. We were considering purchasing a Genesis as our second car but based upon the unkept promises of Equus I guess we won't be spending any more of our money on a Hyundai. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra bucks and get a car that has some support behind it - not just a lot of hot air.

Rides comfortably, performs well.

Hyundai Equus support is poor at best. The "Valet Service" is a fraud. Once you have purchased this vehicle consider yourself on your own.